Be it Roger or Peculier
Let's drink in all good cheer
Let it flow flow flow flow flow flow flow
To the British pint o' beer

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
19 pages is a bit much to flip through so if this was posted before... my bad. Looked fun. Maybe one day a bunch of us left coasters will make it over there.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MBC and I just got back from four days in The Kingdom. We are happy to report that the trails are still fun.

Trout River has a doppel bock on tap that I think is the best beer of theirs that I've had. I went through three pints and a growler.

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
today we dropped a 20-30 lb antenna mount on my foot. luckily no broken bones. i should still be able to ride at M-Fest. not too sure about my races before then.... :(

edit: day 2
foot didn't hardly hurt at all today. seems that when I climbed the radio tower shortly after bruising the crap out of it..... well let's just say that wasn't the smartest thing to do immediately after smashing the piss out of my foot.

i did take the precaution of hiring a friend of mine to drive me around today and climb the tower so that I didn't re-aggravate my foot.

EDIT #3:
doctor orthopedist cleared me for riding bicycles again. running ok with the proviso that I stop running if it hurts so as to avoid stress fracturing my foot bonez. so that's a greenlight for the toll road and Monkeyfest hilarity. :)

Last edited:

pigboy

I'll buy'em a beer too.
note the clever subliminal freudian slip. see how this neatly transforms when you remove the extra letters:

buy'em - y'e = bum

so really you're saying, "I'll bum a beer too."

which is devious and cleverly delivered under the radar of just about everyone except for my team of lingual deconstructionists.

HypNoTic

Man Whore
Aug 3, 2004
Montreal, Qc
Hey Mama Monkey,

Count me in for the M'Fest. Marie-Joséem my GF, will also be there :)

We'll install the tent somewhere in the backyard.

Hope you'll have some good bacon this year again !

-Jerome

Last edited:

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
A couple questions:

Anyone in my area interested in sharing a ride up to save $$$? I could drive or take a ride. I might still want to drive up my own if it works better that way, but if something works out well, I'd be interested. I am flexible and I pack light.

What do you think: XC hardtail (with a Sid, v-brakes, etc), or FS (Prophet)? Basically, one is more fun on the ups and one waaaaay more fun on the downs. But KT isn't technical, so a hardtail wouldn't be too bad...

pigboy

A couple questions:

Anyone in my area interested in sharing a ride up to save $$$? I could drive or take a ride. I might still want to drive up my own if it works better that way, but if something works out well, I'd be interested. I am flexible and I pack light.

What do you think: XC hardtail (with a Sid, v-brakes, etc), or FS (Prophet)? Basically, one is more fun on the ups and one waaaaay more fun on the downs. But KT isn't technical, so a hardtail wouldn't be too bad...
Personally I go FS because my back is increasingly intolerant of the beating I take from going hardtail.

I might want to hook up some rideshare action. Not sure if it makes a ton of sense though. I'll be in Concord, MA which is a bit of an excursion sidewards from the New Haven, CT to East Burke route. My plan is to travel light aside from the two coolers of ice cream and dry ice. I plan to rent a FS bike @ East Burke. Probably ought to reserve one now....

hmmm.... note to self: get off ass and reserve bike NOW!

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
A couple questions:

I'm not exactly your area but if you're unable to get a ride from down there and you can be here early Friday morning, I can cut your driving to the Worcester MA area. There are 4 of us already carpooling in my van, 1 more won't kill us, I figured we'd put the bikes on my trailer and just throw the gear in the back. so we can probably fit 1 more comfortably in addition to you.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Personally I go FS because my back is increasingly intolerant of the beating I take from going hardtail.

I might want to hook up some rideshare action. Not sure if it makes a ton of sense though. I'll be in Concord, MA which is a bit of an excursion sidewards from the New Haven, CT to East Burke route. My plan is to travel light aside from the two coolers of ice cream and dry ice. I plan to rent a FS bike @ East Burke. Probably ought to reserve one now....

hmmm.... note to self: get off ass and reserve bike NOW!

what does your back think about a rigid SS 29er?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
A couple questions:

I'll be rockin' my XC hardtail this year. I don't need no stinkin' suspension ;)

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
I also received word that we can't have tents in the backyard :shocked:
That's sort of wierd. Did they cite a reason? I mean, who's going to tell me I can't put up a tent in my backyard? But then again, if we had a hundred tents out there(which would fit) I can see some issues. still kinda weird though.

splat

Nam I am
That's sort of wierd. Did they cite a reason? I mean, who's going to tell me I can't put up a tent in my backyard? But then again, if we had a hundred tents out there(which would fit) I can see some issues. still kinda weird though.
well one thing we don't know is how much land does the owner of the lodge actually have ? the tents may have not been on the lodges property, or it might be something to do with insurance , or one of the other home owners complained about finding potatoes everywhere, or maybe the owner of the lodge owns a campground too, who knows the reason , Still Kind of Wierd

still kind of weird

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
there's always the basement.....shudder....that creepy room in the back...

Are people still doing the toll road ride?

I may try to come up...we'll see. Anybody want to do bromont?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
That's what we love about you Doug. You are always willing to take one for the team! ;)
:stupid:

Sandwich said:

The basement is a scary place :crazy: And those crazies are still talking about the toll road! No Bromont for us...sorry!

badcrumble

Chimp
Jun 18, 2008
wooooster, MA
So BadDNAs splint is supposed to stay on his gimpy finger for two weeks. Does that mean we can have "a big reveal" celebration at monkeyfest?
(2 weeks my ass. Something tells me that the stupid splint doesn't stand a chance and he'll be back on the trails in 2 days)

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
So BadDNAs splint is supposed to stay on his gimpy finger for two weeks. Does that mean we can have "a big reveal" celebration at monkeyfest?
(2 weeks my ass. Something tells me that the stupid splint doesn't stand a chance and he'll be back on the trails in 2 days)
Yeah, as soon as I can bend it enough to grip the bars with a bit of ibuprofen to dull the pain...

:cheers:

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
It looks like Robyn might not be joining me this year. If not I'm not sure I want a room at the b&b all to myself. So if anyone wants to switch for a bed in the lodge we can swap. If not, anyone have any suggestions on where else to stay? Anyone have room at a campsite for me? I can bring my backpacking tent instead of my 4-person.

splat

Nam I am
It looks like Robyn might not be joining me this year. If not I'm not sure I want a room at the b&b all to myself. So if anyone wants to switch for a bed in the lodge we can swap. If not, anyone have any suggestions on where else to stay? Anyone have room at a campsite for me? I can bring my backpacking tent instead of my 4-person.
Just come to the lodge and find a place to crash , that is what we all do . its nothing special

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
Hi Guys,

Monkeyfest is coming and we are very excited about it! If we can't camp, just put us inside with the rest of the zoo!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Let me check with one of the other couples that is coming and get back to you later today. I am pretty sure there is still a bunk available either way. Can you PM me the B&B details so I can send them on.

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
I'm in, too! Just booked a condo - they said about equidistant from the center of town as moose brook SP campground... but it appeared as if there were a lot of places booked up so I took it!.... Now I just hope the rest of my party decide to come!!!!!

Can't wait! KT again!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride

I was thinking, the toll road has been done..so how about for this years race we go endurance?

Mtn road, camp town, owls peak, upper dead moose, dead moose, paris yard, pinkham rd, magil fields, moose alley, white school, upper pond, petes pond, white school, east darling rd, loop, poundcake, fence line, pastore point loop, pastore point, coronary, loop, bemis, tapndie, river run, webs, river run, dry feet, river run, west branch, mandatory jump in river, hog back, sidewinder, (new - switchback) west branch, old webs, border, culvert cut, knob, vast, bill magill, heavens bench, ridge, rim, vast, connnector, pines, river wood, vast, beat bog, sugar house, kitchel and back

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I was thinking, the toll road has been done..so how about for this years race we go endurance?

Mtn road, camp town, owls peak, upper dead moose, dead moose, paris yard, pinkham rd, magil fields, moose alley, white school, upper pond, petes pond, white school, east darling rd, loop, poundcake, fence line, pastore point loop, pastore point, coronary, loop, bemis, tapndie, river run, webs, river run, dry feet, river run, west branch, mandatory jump in river, hog back, sidewinder, (new - switchback) west branch, old webs, border, culvert cut, knob, vast, bill magill, heavens bench, ridge, rim, vast, connnector, pines, river wood, vast, beat bog, sugar house, kitchel and back
That is almost the exact ride we did last year (not at MonkeyFest)

You could add CCC Road and J-Bar to the mix.

pigboy

i got tired just from reading that list..... doing the toll road before breakfast sounds like a cakewalk in comparison.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
worth it = NOT worth it!
I like Worth It. :) It's a fun little trail and beats the hell out of staying on Sugarhouse Run.

and it's "Parrs Yard", n00b. :p

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Okay....I think I have the menu set. Let me know if there are any other special requests!

Friday night dinner:
Homemade Mac-n-Cheese
Fresh Bread
Garden Salad

Copious amounts of beers from everyone's coolers (remember to BYOB)

I have heard rumors that there will be cake & ice cream present for pre-night riding nourishment

Saturday Breakfast:
Blueberry pancakes w/maple syrup
Bacon, lots of bacon
OJ
Milk
Coffee, mmmm....coffee (I'll bring sugar and half & half too)

Ride Food:
Clif Shot Blocks (Lemon Lime & Strawberry)
LUNA Moons
Clif Bars
LUNA Bars
LUNA Electrolyte Mix

Post-Ride Snacks:
MBC's Famous Dip
Chips & salsa (I am also going to make some Guacamole)
Fruit
BEER

Saturday Dinner
stumble over to the Pub Outback for dinner w/more Beer

Sunday Breakfast:
Breakfast Sandwiches (egg, cheese, sausage on an English Muffin)
OJ
Milk
Coffee (I'll bring sugar and half & half too)

I think that covers it...