Quantcast

Monkeyfest minus less than a week...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Date??? Anyone got a date in mind? (I want to get a place booked and hound them so they don't double book us again)

I am thinking it might be a nice way for Sq-Earl & I to celebrate our 10th anniversary...that would be August 1st-3rd?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Set a date and run with it - them what can come will come. Go, Theresa! :monkeydance:
Word. If you try to find a date that will please everyone, MF won't happen.

My vote is for either the week before (7/18-20) or the week after (8/1-3) the usual date. I'm sure I'm not the only who has been planning his summer around MF thinking it would be the same weekend as usual.

If the lodge isn't available I'll probably head to the campground. Gas kills me getting to NEK and back, so I may need to cut some costs on a place to stay.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Word. If you try to find a date that will please everyone, MF won't happen.

My vote is for either the week before (7/18-20) or the week after (8/1-3) the usual date. I'm sure I'm not the only who has been planning his summer around MF thinking it would be the same weekend as usual.

If the lodge isn't available I'll probably head to the campground. Gas kills me getting to NEK and back, so I may need to cut some costs on a place to stay.
No worries...the trip will be well under budget :D

I have a message in to the Lodge owner regarding availability....that will likely dictate the date. I know that the Norba Nationals are 7/18-20 so I didn't request that date.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
My vote would be for the first weekend in August as well......

Okay, so WHERE is this?? Northern VT somewhere, so it's going to take me like 8 hours to drive there??

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Anyone else up for some toll road action again?

It is a long haul for me to get up there. I'll have to consider it later in the year and see if I can work out a Northeast tour again and visit some friends and family in the area.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Thanks!!! Oh, the drive's only 7 hours 15 minutes, according to google maps. That's actually not that much longer than it took me to get to Whiteface last summer.....

Count me in! :monkeydance:
:thumb: There are several western NY (Rochester) monkeys that make the trip, maybe you guys can meet up and caravan?

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
maybe this year...

depends on how the budget is looking as i think i'm giving priority to climbing trips this summer.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Just heard back from the lodge guy...
We are confirmed for August 1-3, 2008.

Next question...do we want the lodge on Thursday or Sunday night? Right now we can arrive on Friday and are scheduled to leave Sunday, but we could book a day early or late if enough are interested. Let me know.

I will have full details and reservation information in the next week or two.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'm interesting in checking out the lodge for a ski trip next year...do you have any info on cost/availability? Does he have a website or anything?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I'm interesting in checking out the lodge for a ski trip next year...do you have any info on cost/availability? Does he have a website or anything?
They used to be listed on a site, but I don't see the link anymore. I can PM you their contact information if you'd like. I think he usually charges $400 per night (plus deposit) during the summer season and more for winter & holidays, but I am not sure.