Quantcast

Monkeyfest minus less than a week...

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
Count me in. and this year I'll ride more.

BadDNA, I'll take a tentative seat on Little Blue. I was thinking I'd like to do some more racing(just for fun) and the Fort Rock Revenge is that weekend so I may opt to head home early. but I'll probably rather drink beer and ride on Sunday.

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
oh. I will need a bike. given the crabby state of my rapidly aging infrastructure (back, neck and wrists) it probably ought to be a full suspension.

anyone want to loan/rent me something for M'fest? or have you got a used full-suspension that you want to sell for a reasonable/cheap price?

quack!

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
So far me and my buddies have no definite plans about this year's MonkeyFest. It could be a last minute decision...

We would be down for a Monkey gathering at Diablo though... :rockout:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So do we have a roster going yet? I don't see one. Based on replies to this thread though:

TreeSaw and Earl (always at the top of this list)
BadDNA (Mrs DNA?)
Doug
jbp
MBC and Mr MBC (staying at BnB)
Splat
Quo Fan and BigT (staying at BnB)
Echo
Woodsguy and Wife (staying at BnB)
BikeGeek
mudgirl

pigboy?
offsprung?
sandwich?
the teste?

Where are the frenchies?
I'll be on vacation the following weekend, followed by 3 weeks in Chicago for work. Might be too much travelling for this homebody. It will be a late decision.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Count me in. and this year I'll ride more.

BadDNA, I'll take a seat on Little Blue. I was thinking I'll probably drink beer and ride
^^^Fixed.

I'd like to bring the Mrs. but she's really not all that keen on MTB riding and there isn't much else for her to do all weekend while we're out so she'll probably end up staying home with the dog.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
So do we have a roster going yet? I don't see one. Based on replies to this thread though:

TreeSaw and Earl (always at the top of this list :cupid arrow: )
BadDNA
Doug
jbp
MBC and Mr MBC (staying at BnB)
Splat
Quo Fan and BigT (Lodge as far as I know)
Echo
Woodsguy and Wife (staying at BnB)
BikeGeek
mudgirl

pigboy?
offsprung?
sandwich?
the teste?

Where are the frenchies?
Made some changes

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
t'was a blast last year. unfortunately a no for me this year...i'm floating around the world (so to speak) for the next 18 months. however, i highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys some good people having a good time. oh, and good beer and pizza.

btw, i swear i'll get the covert dirty soon.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I will attend, about how much money does it cost?
It depends on how many people are there. It's been between $50 and $75 per person for the lodge, three meals and snacks. We usually plan on having dinner out Saturday night and you'll also need to buy a trail pass so be sure you have funds available for that.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
BEER!

I'm planning on brewing up a couple of kegs of beer again this year for that weekend. Any particular styles that would be appreciated? I know my IIPA was a hit last year and I'll have some of that available in bottles. For those that have had it, what did you think of my bourbon barrel porter? How well would a glass of that go down after a ride? I'm looking to do something different and unique for the other, so if you have any style suggestions I'm open to them. I do have the capability to lager now too so don't hold back.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
BEER!

I'm planning on brewing up a couple of kegs of beer again this year for that weekend. Any particular styles that would be appreciated? I know my IIPA was a hit last year and I'll have some of that available in bottles. For those that have had it, what did you think of my bourbon barrel porter? How well would a glass of that go down after a ride? I'm looking to do something different and unique for the other, so if you have any style suggestions I'm open to them. I do have the capability to lager now too so don't hold back.
I thought the bourbon barrel porter went down nicely after our ride :cheers:

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Well, I might have some Maibock left. I'll see if I can pull together the ingredients for another Pilsner, that was pretty tasty last year and great after a long ride.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Well, I might have some Maibock left. I'll see if I can pull together the ingredients for another Pilsner, that was pretty tasty last year and great after a long ride.
Good on ya! I don't know what I'll have ready to bring; the barley wine won't be ready until X-mas and the Flanders Red won't be bottled until August. I have a couple bottles (750 mL) of tripel I plan to bring, but can only offer tastes since I don't have much left.

I can always raid the coldroom at my new employer. Any requests?

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
all this talk of beer and the such, Would I be welcome, and could I bring my girlfriend? im 17 shes 18.
Well you wouldn't be drinking any of the alcohol, that's a given.

IIRC there was another minor who was interested in coming last year and I think we had worked something out but then he bailed. Does anyone remember what we had planned, if anything, so that this kid wasn't screwed if something happened to him?

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Good on ya! I don't know what I'll have ready to bring; the barley wine won't be ready until X-mas and the Flanders Red won't be bottled until August. I have a couple bottles (750 mL) of tripel I plan to bring, but can only offer tastes since I don't have much left.

I can always raid the coldroom at my new employer. Any requests?

I should mention that I will have new brewing equipment here soon and should be able to bring a couple of cases of something yummy.

'Monkeyfest IPA' has a nice ring to it. :)