Quantcast

Monkeyfest minus less than a week...

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I should mention that I will have new brewing equipment here soon and should be able to bring a couple of cases of something yummy.

'Monkeyfest IPA' has a nice ring to it. :)
It does...I've got my list settled now and I'm definitely going to be bringing a few bottles of each of the following (unless something goes wrong during fermenting):

Ex-girlfriend IIPA (a.k.a. hop soda) - repeat from last year
Drunken Monkey Pilsner - repeat from last year
Maibock
Dry Irish Stout
Bourbon Barrel Porter

Sounds like we're going to be awash in homebrew this year...we're becoming a drinking club with a biking problem.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
It does...I've got my list settled now and I'm definitely going to be bringing a few bottles of each of the following (unless something goes wrong during fermenting):

Ex-girlfriend IIPA (a.k.a. hop soda) - repeat from last year
Drunken Monkey Pilsner - repeat from last year
Maibock
Dry Irish Stout
Bourbon Barrel Porter

Sounds like we're going to be awash in homebrew this year...we're becoming a drinking club with a biking problem.
Nice, I have also been doing a lot of cider in lieu of the hop shortage. Whole foods has gallons of nice unfiltered and unpasteurized apple juice that come in glass jars perfect for doing small batches in. I should be able to bring a couple if I can get them early enough to let it age a bit.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I always find it amusing to see that the Monkeyfest thread is about 90% drinking and 10% riding... :biggrin:

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
damn, this is sounding like a really good time; a bit more exploratory (beer wise) than last year. i'm jealous and pissed that i'm missing it.

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
I always find it amusing to see that the Monkeyfest thread is about 90% drinking and 10% riding... :biggrin:
The slogan on the RM glass says "Ride Fast, Drink Hard". We are just following orders.

Count Isa and me in + many more AllezYiens.

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Wow, can you believe this weekend is Memorial Day already? There are only 10 weekends between now and Monkeyfest. I don't know if I should be excited or sad that summer is so short.

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
I'm thinking of hitting up the Mill Stone Trails in Barre, VT on the Thursday before MF. Ride Thursday afternoon and spend the night there then head up to KT on Friday. I hear its really great and with over 20 miles of singletrak it is definately worth a look. Anyone else want to join us?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I'm thinking of hitting up the Mill Stone Trails in Barre, VT on the Thursday before MF. Ride Thursday afternoon and spend the night there then head up to KT on Friday. I hear its really great and with over 20 miles of singletrak it is definately worth a look. Anyone else want to join us?
Let me check with Sq-Earl...it's our anniversary weekend so I wouldn't mind an additional day of riding & exploring and I have put up with him for 10 years :busted:

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Let me check with Sq-Earl...it's our anniversary weekend so I wouldn't mind an additional day of riding & exploring and I have put up with him for 10 years :busted:
Cool. That would be great if you guys come too.

The inn has a two night minimum so we will be camping. There are probably other inns or hotels in the area if you'd like. Millstone also has a Recreation dorm which we can rent.

RECREATION DORM: A great alternative to camping. Three semi-private rooms with one double bed in each room. Common area provides a small kitchen area with a refrigerator, toaster oven and microwave, table and chairs and a sitting area. Located on the floor above The Touring Center in the same Historic Barn, our Rec. Dorm has the warmth and feel of an old-fashioned summer camp. This is ideal for small groups traveling together or those traveling on a budget yet still preferring the comforts of home. Shower facility included. Dorm fee is $40 for one person in a room, $50 for two. Rent the whole Dorm for $125 per night, sleeps up to 8 people.
If we can get a few more people the price would be very good.

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
I am itching to get up to KT so we are going to try and go this coming weekend. I haven't done anything in the way of planning yet except get the idea. I will call tomorrow and see if there are any campsites available on Burke. If not I will try and arrange other accommodations. Maybe camping elsewhere, the B&B, or the Comfort Inn. Probably head up on Friday night and ride all day Saturday and Sunday morning.

Anyone else interested? It looks like it is going to be a nice sunny weekend with highs around 70. I can't wait!

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Just got off the phone with Burke and booked campsite #16. Wahoo! She said there are a couple lean-tos available and 3-4 tent sites.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
i may be interested in going too. i think it would be cool to meet some of you tards. i've enjoyed reading and posting here, pretty much my type of people with my sense of humor. so i have a couple of questions. is there any room left in the lodge and what's the current cost? also, what are the trails like there, i've never been. i cant ride anything too technical because A. i suck and B. i had a hernia repair 2 mths ago and the doc didnt want me doing anything crazy so i guess i'd need fire road type riding.