Quantcast

Monkeyfest minus less than a week...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
That's sort of wierd. Did they cite a reason? I mean, who's going to tell me I can't put up a tent in my backyard? But then again, if we had a hundred tents out there(which would fit) I can see some issues. still kinda weird though.
well one thing we don't know is how much land does the owner of the lodge actually have ? the tents may have not been on the lodges property, or it might be something to do with insurance , or one of the other home owners complained about finding potatoes everywhere, or maybe the owner of the lodge owns a campground too, who knows the reason , Still Kind of Wierd

still kind of weird
I didn't get any more of a reply than: "Also not sure if you have put tents outside in the past, but the E Burke town fathers are frowning on that and have told us it is not allowed. We were not aware until fairly recently that some of our guests were pitching tents outside. They have advised us that they may ask people to move if they see tents, so we are trying to prevent
that and avoid any confrontations with them over it. I hope it is okay with your group."

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
OK, I gave up my b&b room to Irishblue so now I'm hoping to crash at the lodge. I am fine sleeping on the floor if need be (just not in the basement). Treesaw, let me know what I owe you. I am really looking forward to your mac n cheese. I will probably be up there around noon on Friday.

Now I just hope all this poison ivy clears up by then. I have it pretty bad right now.

Kevin

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
OK, I gave up my b&b room to Irishblue so now I'm hoping to crash at the lodge. I am fine sleeping on the floor if need be (just not in the basement). Treesaw, let me know what I owe you. I am really looking forward to your mac n cheese. I will probably be up there around noon on Friday.

Now I just hope all this poison ivy clears up by then. I have it pretty bad right now.

Kevin
:thumb: Excellent! I am glad you'll be joining us. I'll have a total for everyone very soon...just need to finish up the grocery shopping and divide everything up!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
early weather forecast looks favorable:

Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 78.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60.

Saturday: A chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a high near 80. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 60.

Sunday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 83. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
i have reached Concord, MA.

outlook for ice cream looks good

i may show up in a cargo van which could sleep a few monkeys if we run out of bunks in the lodge. this will be confirmed later when i actually figure out what I am renting for the drive up.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I was thinking, the toll road has been done..so how about for this years race we go endurance?

Mtn road, camp town, owls peak, upper dead moose, dead moose, paris yard, pinkham rd, magil fields, moose alley, white school, upper pond, petes pond, white school, east darling rd, loop, poundcake, fence line, pastore point loop, pastore point, coronary, loop, bemis, tapndie, river run, webs, river run, dry feet, river run, west branch, mandatory jump in river, hog back, sidewinder, (new - switchback) west branch, old webs, border, culvert cut, knob, vast, bill magill, heavens bench, ridge, rim, vast, connnector, pines, river wood, vast, beat bog, sugar house, kitchel and back
Better bring your water purifier and/or tablets. 100oz bladder ain't going the distance......

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MBC and I plan on arriving around noon Friday and promptly going out for a 3-4 hour ride. Anyone else interested? It'll be our "social" pace, so if you want to log 20 miles at rocket speed, you'll probably be disappointed. :D

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
We should be pulling in between 12-1, I'm interested. But then...there's also beer that needs to be drunk, the pizza at Trout River, the Garneau outlet...choices.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Coffee, mmmm....coffee (I'll bring sugar and half & half too)
I am bringing up 1 lb of coffee courtesy of bikeman.com

i'm thinking we need a support vehicle located centrally to allow refueling and refilling of bladders if this insane idea is actually going to happen.

plus beer. the support vehicle needs to contain cold beer.
stick w/me - I'll get you water and we can save the beers for celebrating our victory afterwards!

MBC and I plan on arriving around noon Friday and promptly going out for a 3-4 hour ride. Anyone else interested? It'll be our "social" pace, so if you want to log 20 miles at rocket speed, you'll probably be disappointed. :D
I hope to be there by noon so maybe.

Yeah.

if i'm there at noon i'll join in for the "social" ride on Friday. but currently unsure of arrival time.
You get your puna ass out of bed and get there early or we roast you and serve you up for supper. :bonk:

thatisall

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Wow, you guys are getting there earlier than I thought you would. Hmmm.... maybe I'LL leave earlier as well!!! No way am I going to be there by noon, though. I'd have to leave at like 3am for that to happen. I actually wasn't planning on leaving until about 10am and arriving around 6pm. That may still end up being the plan in the end.

Do you guys like wine?? I'm thinking about bringing some Finger Lakes wine up with me.

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
i'm thinking we need a support vehicle located centrally to allow refueling and refilling of bladders if this insane idea is actually going to happen.

plus beer. the support vehicle needs to contain cold beer.
I've stashed water at the Darling Hill Road crossing in the past. That worked out well. You could stash some supplies at the end of White School too.

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Sounds good. Can you make it 1 or 2 tho? I kinda wanted to hit up LG first. What were you thinking, the Moose Alleys/White School?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I am bringing up 1 lb of coffee courtesy of bikeman.com
Nice :thumb:

We should be pulling in between 12-1, I'm interested. But then...there's also beer that needs to be drunk, the pizza at Trout River, the Garneau outlet...choices.
We're doing an early am ride w/some Canadians and then hitting Garneau so don't buy all the good stuff before we get there ;)

Do you guys like wine?? I'm thinking about bringing some Finger Lakes wine up with me.
We have no problem with wine either :D All alcohols are accepted.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
I found these directions to the lodge (?) from last year's Monkeyfest postings...... are they still valid?
----------------------------------------------------
East Burke, VT ( put that into Google maps )

go through the center of town , and 114 will go left , then there will be a ball field on the left , the barn like house next to the ball field is it.
I tell people to aim for East Burke Sports.

439 Vt Route 114
East Burke, VT 05832

Monkeycamp is about 1/4 mile past on the left.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I found these directions to the lodge (?) from last year's Monkeyfest postings...... are they still valid?
----------------------------------------------------

go through the center of town , and 114 will go left , then there will be a ball field on the left , the barn like house next to the ball field is it.

439 Vt Route 114
East Burke, VT 05832

Monkeycamp is about 1/4 mile past on the left.
That's it.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Ok...here is the list of people I have attending. If you're on the list, then I am anticipating you there and you were averaged into the price. Right now we are looking at $50 per person for the weekend.

TreeSaw and Earl
Quo Fan and BigT
BadDNA
douglas
Johnbryanpeters
Splat
BikeGeek
mudgirl
Riding
Tenchiro
JRogers
pigboy
badcrumble
dave (w/douglas)
JenL & Luca
Woodsguy
deyv & Isa
Jerome (+1)

MBC and Mr MBC (staying at BnB) - in for food

berkshire_rider (staying @ B&B, joining us for rides)

I haven't quite finished the shopping yet (fruit & OJ will come last), but I am thinking I should be fine. If the cost is $1-2 more I'll eat it, but if it gets higher, I will let everyone know.

Any food allergies? I am hoping not, but I thought I would ask, just in case.
Remember, bring your own alcoholic beverages, I will be bringing lemonade, iced tea, coffee, OJ and there's water there.

Directions to the Algonquin Lodge are:

go through the center of town , and 114 will go left , then there will be a ball field on the left , the barn like house (big white house) next to the ball field is it. There will be a bunch of cars and I will try to have the RideMonkey Banner (Splat can you bring it) out for all to see).

439 Vt Route 114
East Burke, VT 05832

Monkeycamp is about 1/4 mile past East Burke Sports on the left.
Here's a reminder of the food situation thus far:

What you need to bring:
$$$ for TreeSaw
$$$ for KT trail pass & dinner
Beverages (beers, whatever)
Sleeping bag & pillow (to minimize laundry on Sunday)
Bike (duh...we are going to ride)
Lights - we do night rides that are far too fun to miss
Sunscreen
Bug Spray
Helmet, Shoes, Gloves, Hydration pak (lots of water for long rides)
Towel for showering (I don't want to smell you all)
Spare Tubes are helpful
Appetite & Thirst are also suggested

I will also be bringing the following items for everyone to use:
Chain Lube (thanks to my sponsor ProGold Lubricants)
Laundry Detergent
Toilet Paper (you would be surprised how much we end up using)
Clif Shot Blocks
Clif Bar Minis
Clif Builder Minis
LUNA Minis
LUNA Moons
LUNA Electrolyte Mix
Friday Dinner (see previous post)
Saturday Breakfast (see previous post)
Saturday Snacks (see previous post)
Sunday Breakfast (see previous post)

If you run into problems, have questions, etc. I will be online until Thursday afternoon after that, please call my cell phone (I'll PM everyone coming the number) and I will check it as often as I have service.

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
We won't be getting into town until later... probably 7:30/8 at the earliest... sounds like we're going to miss a lot that afternoon! Anyway, we took Woodsguy's room at the inn & are taking care of our own food, so just let us know who's riding when - OK?!?!?! I know a few of you have my number. So call me! I'll call Badcrumble when I get to town!:huh:

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
This is Woodsguy you are talking to. There will be NO pedal to the metal, only cruising at 55 mph, getting infinity mile to the gallon
No! The speed limit is 65 so there might be a few downhills where I will get up to 66 or 67. :)

And yea, who set "gets infinity MPG" as my title!

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I started packing. Hopefully I'll have room for my bike. :)

12 Pale Ale
12 Scratch #12 (IPA)
12 Nugget Nectar (Imperial Amber)
12 Hopback Amber
12 Dreamweaver Wheat
12 Dead Reckoning Porter
6 Scratch #8 (Spiced Tripel)
6 Scratch #11 (Bitter)
6 Troegenator Doublebock
6 Sunshine Pils

I love my job :D