Quantcast

Monkeyfest minus less than a week...

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
i'd hate to have anyone think that I'm arguing for responsible behavior here, but since it is so wet i'll argue for doing the toll road instead of the 800 miles of zombies and mud.

i'm biased as I want to ride this crappy Motobecane roadie 12 speed up the toll road and see whether the bike or I win the race to failure. and the race to failure is always more fun if there is someone there to laugh as they ride past the fallen.

BlackAthlete

Monkey
Apr 8, 2008
I used to live and ski in East Burke. Drank lots of Catamount and rode those trails back while most of you kids were still suckling your momma's nippols.

Good schit. Loved those trails. Head up to Willoughby for some cold water swimming.

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
you lightweights can drink what you want, but my beverage of choice will be TR's barely wine QUOTE]

Nope, he definitely said barely wine!
badcrumble - I think this is the stuff you had the last time we were up there... the one the waitress gave you that was 11% or 13% or something like that????? I'm planning on having some of that this time around, since I'll have the bf to drive me around. :)

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Tweek, Jozz and instigator are also noticeably absent from that list.

I think Woody is still out west so I guess there will be no 7 am In heaven there is no beer ...........
Just back from KTA, and the Darling Hill trails were... muddy as hell!! (more than last year) Burke Mountain trails were closed.

Anyway, we had fun and it gave us a chance to ride trails that we usually skip, which were alot dryer that the most popular one.

Have fun this week-end!!

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
So, my throat seemed a little scratchy after my ride yesterday. I left work early today, feeling like butt. I'm taking the day off tomorrow, hoping it'll pass. So, if I don't show, I'm sitting in my apartment, sweating and depressed......course I'll pay my share if I can't make it up....

Oh, and as a whining side note, my new roommate bailed on me and decided not to come to school here and hence not live here....nice letting me know before the lease starts (which I've already signed for the whole place) starting on August 1.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yeah, it's looking like a wet weekend. We should be able to squeeze in a couple hours of riding here and there, adding up to bunch of small rides. I'm down.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
accuweather is saying sun everday...but with either rain/t-storms or showers - we may still luck out

Hmmm...but just in case - I'll bring my dvd player, probably my road bike too (toll road hill repeats anyone?) - and I suppose could hit up LG, and maybe head over to millstone to ride on Sunday if its drier over there

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Last year we went up there and they were calling for rain the whole weekend. It never rained a drop. It was beautiful. Mountain weather is difficult to predict. They will err on the side of rain since nobody wants to be surprised.

accuweather is saying sun everday...but with either rain/t-storms or showers - we may still luck out

Hmmm...but just in case - I'll bring my dvd player, probably my road bike too (toll road hill repeats anyone?) - and I suppose could hit up LG, and maybe head over to millstone to ride on Sunday if its drier over there
Millstone's not going to be any drier - Vermont is a sog pit right now. Not quite like pigboy's haunt, but trying.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
So, my throat seemed a little scratchy after my ride yesterday. I left work early today, feeling like butt. I'm taking the day off tomorrow, hoping it'll pass. So, if I don't show, I'm sitting in my apartment, sweating and depressed......course I'll pay my share if I can't make it up....

Oh, and as a whining side note, my new roommate bailed on me and decided not to come to school here and hence not live here....nice letting me know before the lease starts (which I've already signed for the whole place) starting on August 1.
:( Chicken soup for you Mr.! And get some rest!!! Sending you some healing vibes this AM.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Millstone's not going to be any drier - Vermont is a sog pit right now. Not quite like pigboy's haunt, but trying.
I sent them an email

"Hi, Yes we have had lots of rain. But Millstone Hill has the dryest terrain in Vermont it seems, coz we have not had to close our trails at all. We expect to be 100% open this weekend. Pierre"

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Last year we went up there and they were calling for rain the whole weekend. It never rained a drop. It was beautiful. Mountain weather is difficult to predict. They will err on the side of rain since nobody wants to be surprised.
This is what I'm hoping for. I don't want to spend 10 hours in the car and then not be able to ride.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey, woodsguy from nebma sent me a link to this forum. I'll be up in Burke on Saturday and Sunday and would love to join you guys for a ride. I have never been up there and don't know my way around. Any chance I can join up? Need directions and time to meet. Will check the forum or email (kaipradel@gmail.com).
Thanks
Follow these directions...
I found these directions to the lodge (?) from last year's Monkeyfest postings...... are they still valid?
----------------------------------------------------
East Burke, VT ( put that into Google maps )

go through the center of town , and 114 will go left , then there will be a ball field on the left , the barn like house next to the ball field is it.
I tell people to aim for East Burke Sports.

439 Vt Route 114
East Burke, VT 05832

Monkeycamp is about 1/4 mile past on the left.
Plenty of monkeys would be happy to show you around. :)

Hey, woodsguy from nebma sent me a link to this forum. I'll be up in Burke on Saturday and Sunday and would love to join you guys for a ride. I have never been up there and don't know my way around. Any chance I can join up? Need directions and time to meet. Will check the forum or email (kaipradel@gmail.com).
Thanks
Specifics, including directions, are in http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3009853&postcount=349.
First ride non-hero typically leaves Saturday AM about 10:00 AM from the bike shop. Look for green Ridemonkey jerseys.

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
so far we've got monkeys covered in mud, beer kegs in the dry ice, 4 gallons of ice cream in the freezer and a bit of rain.

i've seen the following monkeys so far

JBP
Treesaw
Earl
Issa
Deyv
Jerome
Riding
Bad DNA (drinking his IPA now)
Splat
MBC
IAB
Douglas

WOOOOO!!!!!!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MBC and I just got home. What a fun weekend. Thanks to everyone for making the weekend so much fun. Special thanks to BadDNA and BikeGeek for the rediculous amounts of free beer (especailly the take home beer!), TreeSaw for taking care of all of us, and the various monkeys who helped wrench my bike into good operating order. :D

Less rain and more riding would have been nice, but it was still a blast. :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good times!
Many beers were consumed (and I managed to bring some Bourbon porter home for tonight) :drool:
2 crank arms fell off (IAB & me)
MANY pounds of mud, bacon and sausage were consumed....

It's gotta be monkeyfest!!!

What a 5th anniversary for the monkeys!!!!

So, when's everyone want to get together for Fall Monkeyfest?