Quantcast

Monkeyfest - the Go-Kart Project

If I can manage to remember, I'm going to chuck a lawnmower engine in the van, plus whatever other helpful bits I can find. I don't think I have wheels, though. The idea's to ding up a really crude go-kart, two-by whatever, rope, whatever else is at hand, on Friday.

Anybody down for this? Ralph? jdcamb?

J

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
if i can get to monkeyfest, i can bring 2 go kart frames and a bunch of misc. parts. also, you might wanna think twice about a normal lawn mower engine bec its a vertical shaft and you want a horizontal shaft so theres no funy pulleys or anything.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
and just where have you been mister. i was going to send you a pm to tell you how much i missed you. its good to see you back around this way. don't be a stranger ok? :monkey:

laura said:
and just where have you been mister. i was going to send you a pm to tell you how much i missed you. its good to see you back around this way. don't be a stranger ok? :monkey:
Thanks, laura,

Work has been painfully busy, and my riding's cutting into my surfing some. Wish you and TN could come to the M'fest!

J

mcA896:
The engine's a horizontal shaft. I was thinking along the lines of a totally crude wood frame/little red wagon wheel/clothsline steering rattletrap like we used to build as kids, but anything we could cobble might be fun. The engine has a history - ask pigboy.

J'

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
johnbryanpeters said:
If I can manage to remember, I'm going to chuck a lawnmower engine in the van, plus whatever other helpful bits I can find. I don't think I have wheels, though. The idea's to ding up a really crude go-kart, two-by whatever, rope, whatever else is at hand, on Friday.

Anybody down for this? Ralph? jdcamb?

J
I'll help. Ain't got no parts though. So let me get this straight, hammer and nails, crescent wrench and pliers, bike and tent, cooler and beer, sausage and rolls..... My list is complete.... see you all there
:thumb:
.....jdcamb

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
johnbryanpeters said:
Thanks, laura,

Work has been painfully busy, and my riding's cutting into my surfing some. Wish you and TN could come to the M'fest!

J

mcA896:
The engine's a horizontal shaft. I was thinking along the lines of a totally crude wood frame/little red wagon wheel/clothsline steering rattletrap like we used to build as kids, but anything we could cobble might be fun. The engine has a history - ask pigboy.

J'

geez. it must run in the family. work and living in Hawaii has been cutting into my surfing and riding time. :nopity:

and yeah. that inconvenient engine has some fond memories. i'll tackle the shaft direction issue. hopefully i'll be at John's early enough to strip his barn of all pulleys and gear assemblies so that we can pull it off.

-pigboy