Quantcast

Monkeyfest v.2015

D.2

Monkey
Jun 17, 2010
Medway, MA
Does anyone know of a decent place to ride between Boston and Lake Placid? We have a small group looking for a ride on the way out there Thursday late morning. Anyone else want to join in?

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Depending on the route you take, a detour to Charlemont could be fun. The bike park will be open by then, CTS is a big XC trail network right across the river from Thunder Mountain.

D.2

Monkey
Jun 17, 2010
Medway, MA
OK, My group is saying that they are confirmed for this party. Let's ride!!!
D.2 - Thursday-Sunday
Matt - Thursday-Sunday
Mark - Thursday-Sunday
Pedro - Thursday-Sunday
Raj - Friday-Sunday
Oscar - Friday-Sunday

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
I'm planning to bring the fiancé and the dog with me. My extended family camps near Saranac the week following this event. No sense in making two trips. Anyone know of a pet friendly spot near the lodge?
I'll still pitch in for the costs, just won't stay there because dog.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I am assuming that it will be ok to set up a tent in that big field. That's one more available bed for the masses.
Not sure about camping....I can ask again (I mentioned it to see if Woody could camp with the dog and he replied no pets. I won't be shopping for food until the week of, so final count by that Sunday would be good. Right now I have the cost estimated at about $125 each, but I am hoping it will go down. Thanks for the update on people though!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Updated List:
Sq-Earl & T
JBP
Tammy (lodging only)
Vero (lodging only)
BadDNA + MudGirl
cromby1 - Fri-Sun
D.2 - Thursday-Sunday
Matt - Thursday-Sunday
Mark - Thursday-Sunday
Pedro - Thursday-Sunday
Raj - Friday-Sunday
Oscar - Friday-Sunday
Big T & QuoFan
Herb
Splat +2 (3?)

JonKranked (?)
Greggah (?)

Any other takers?

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I'm planning to bring the fiancé and the dog with me. My extended family camps near Saranac the week following this event. No sense in making two trips. Anyone know of a pet friendly spot near the lodge?
I'll still pitch in for the costs, just won't stay there because dog.
Wilmington Notch DEC Campground? I'm working on the address now so I can tell if that's close.

crombie1

Chimp
Aug 16, 2009
Ontario NY
Treesaw. I will be arriving Friday afternoon/evening. I just found out I will be in training that morning till 12. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Sweet! We're just over a week away. I should have final lodging info today or tomorrow (address and directions). I know it's on Route 86 right near some trails :) I have asked if we are allowed to have a tent to sleep in as well. There are beds for 16 and lots of floor space so if you would like, toss in an air mattress just in case.

I am currently planning some ride options including the Flume Trails, Hardy Road, Craig Woods and Poor Man's DH with a chance to also spend a day or half a day at Whiteface for those who are interested.

Menu will be forthcoming as well...any special requests? I am thinking Potluck on Thursday and I'll provide Breakfast, lunch and dinner on Friday & Saturday and Breakfast on Sunday with snacks of course. Bring your own beer. We will likely come home on Sunday and ride locally to us (either rocky techy trails...SMBA or perhaps more flowy trails (Luther Forest or Gurney Lane depending on how far south everyone wants to travel on the Northway either exit 20 or 12) and all are more than welcome to join us. We have plenty of space at the house to if anyone wants to drink beer on the deck, float around in the pool and/or hot tub and crash.

D.2

Monkey
Jun 17, 2010
Medway, MA
I read that the Lake Placid area is prime country for wild mushroom foraging. King Boletes, Chicken of the Woods, and Chanterelles are all in season now. I'll be sure to see what I can find while we are there (I only pick those that I know well) and if you're adventurous, I can cook up a few wild mushrooms for dinner or breakfast. Those chanterelles that I picked at KT 2 years ago were fantastic!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Here's the info you've all been waiting for!!!!!

Monkeyfest v.2015 Lake Placid/Wilmington
  • Dates: Thursday, July 16 (check-in at 3pm) - Sunday, July 19th (checkout at 11am)
  • House Address: 5948 Route 86, Wilmington, NY12997 (I can email directions if you need them...PM me)
  • Cost for the Weekend (including meals): $125/person
  • What to bring: Beverages of choice, riding gear, air mattress/thermarest (if you have one there aren't enough beds for all of us), energy, sheets/towels are provided for 15 so if you'd like to toss in your own or a sleeping bag that's cool too, camping chair, Bike Lights (Hardy Rd. trails are fun and very close so potential night rides are in)

Thursday - PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE PRIOR TO 3PM!!!!
Dinner around 6:30-7pm? Potluck. I will bring some meat to grill (probably marinated chicken or something like that).
  • Riding short local loops (likely Hardy Rd., etc. May even be able to ride these from the house)
Friday -
Breakfast (pancakes & bacon), Lunch (sandwiches) & Dinner (homemade mac-n-cheese, Italian bread, garden salad) + snacks
  • Flume Trails, Hardy Rd., Craig's Woods, Cinderella Loop
Saturday -
Breakfast (breakfast sandwiches), Lunch (sandwiches) & Dinner (BBQ pulled pork, coleslaw) + snacks
  • Poor Man's DH and/or Craig's Woods OR spend some time at Whiteface DHing
Sunday - CHECKOUT BY 11AM
Breakfast (breakfast burritos)
  • Flume Trails, Hardy Rd., Craig's Woods, Cinderella Loop, etc.

Coffee (& fixings), OJ, Lemonade, Chips, Nuts, etc. also included. I will likely have cupcakes, cookies or some baked treats for dessert as well. (I can flip the breakfasts according to what everyone wants as well or even do a breakfast bake instead or in addition to the listed).

Two more days!!!!!!! If you want my cell number, PM me and I'll send it to you. Texts are fine...they actually come through better when there is limited service, which I do anticipate.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I read that the Lake Placid area is prime country for wild mushroom foraging. King Boletes, Chicken of the Woods, and Chanterelles are all in season now. I'll be sure to see what I can find while we are there (I only pick those that I know well) and if you're adventurous, I can cook up a few wild mushrooms for dinner or breakfast. Those chanterelles that I picked at KT 2 years ago were fantastic!
I remember those chanterelles! YUM!!!!!