Quantcast

Monocle Dining

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Yep for my 61st we are going monocle dining. I have bolded and underlined my preference ( If you need to ask the price you probably should not eat here but as I recall from a few years back that steak alone will run in the mid $40s, dinner for two with salads drinks appetizers and dessert will be around $200 plus tip

the food is excellent

http://hapsoriginal.com/menu/

ALL ENTREES SERVED WITH SEASONAL VEGETABLES
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING SAUCES:
BOURDELAISE ~ BEARNAISE ~ ROQUETFORD FROMAGE ~ BRANDY PEPPERCORN ~ BEEF PAN GRAVY

HAP’S SIGNATURE PRIME RIB OF BEEF 16 OZ. ~ 24 OZ.

CENTER CUT FILET MIGNON 7 OZ. ~ 10 OZ.

BONE-IN FILET MIGNON – 12 OZ.

BONE-IN RIBEYE – 22 OZ.

SMOKED BONE-IN RIBEYE – 22 OZ.
WITH PORT CARAMELIZED ONIONS

DRY AGED STRIP STEAK 14 OZ.

AUSTRALIAN LAMB CHOPS

SMOKED PORK CHOP WITH CARAMELIZED
PEARL ONIONS, APPLES AND BACON

HAP’S FULL SLAB PORK BABY BACK RIBS

LEMON & HERB MARINATED CHICKEN BREAST

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Let us know if it's worth it and go light on the ketchup!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Yep for my 61st we are going monocle dining. I have bolded and underlined my preference ( If you need to ask the price you probably should not eat here but as I recall from a few years back that steak alone will run in the mid $40s, dinner for two with salads drinks appetizers and dessert will be around $200 plus tip
Hell - ANY meal with drinks and dessert is gonna be over $200.

:homer:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali

the food is excellent

http://hapsoriginal.com/menu/

ALL ENTREES SERVED WITH SEASONAL VEGETABLES
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING SAUCES:
BOURDELAISE ~ BEARNAISE ~ ROQUETFORD FROMAGE ~ BRANDY PEPPERCORN ~ BEEF PAN GRAVY

HAP’S SIGNATURE PRIME RIB OF BEEF 16 OZ. ~ 24 OZ.

CENTER CUT FILET MIGNON 7 OZ. ~ 10 OZ.

BONE-IN FILET MIGNON – 12 OZ.

BONE-IN RIBEYE – 22 OZ.

SMOKED BONE-IN RIBEYE – 22 OZ.
WITH PORT CARAMELIZED ONIONS

DRY AGED STRIP STEAK 14 OZ.

AUSTRALIAN LAMB CHOPS

SMOKED PORK CHOP WITH CARAMELIZED
PEARL ONIONS, APPLES AND BACON

HAP’S FULL SLAB PORK BABY BACK RIBS

LEMON & HERB MARINATED CHICKEN BREAST
Haps is good. Not sure it's good enough to justify the price. I approve of your selection though!

Have you been to Blue Agave? The margaritas are killer (real margaritas not blended sweet shit) and the Camarones Xochitl is one of the most interesting and unique dishes I've ever eaten. Fuck, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Haps is good. Not sure it's good enough to justify the price. I approve of your selection though!

Have you been to Blue Agave? The margaritas are killer (real margaritas not blended sweet shit) and the Camarones Xochitl is one of the most interesting and unique dishes I've ever eaten. Fuck, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.
I have eaten there a couple of times. This is another good local spot
http://www.posadarestaurant.com/

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Oh My
Excellent 61st birthday dinner. We started with some salads then came the main course: Aged, Smoked, bone in Rib Eye with caramelized onions in a port reduction scalloped potatoes, artichokes, green beans. For dessert we had the chocolate souffle . That was one of the best steaks I have ever tasted, the flavor was incredible, perfectly medium rare with a nice sear. it literally melted in your mouth

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Have you ever eaten there?
Don’t make it down there often. No close relatives left in the greater Bay Area. So no.

Closest we’ve had is probably The Herbfarm in Woodinville, WA. Single seating per night, prix fixe, and chef dictates day’s menu.