Quantcast

Monster Supercross - Round 1 on now

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Just in case you missed the memo, the 2008 Monster Supercross kicks off at 10pm EST on Speed, live.

The rain has held off and the dirt was tarped until about 3pm this afternoon so it's money.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Holy jeebus, that's one slippery track.
i DVR'ed it... gonna go out, have a few drink, and turn it on around midnight

that way i can watch the whole thing in about an hour and a half by fast forwarding all the commercials and yapping :busted:

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
Noo, I can't beleive I missed it, I always watch it. So awsome.

The re-run will be on tomorow.

Wait, it's on now. GO REED!

someguy

Chimp
Jun 21, 2007
Colorado
Sucks to be anyone who didnt just walk back in the door after coming home from the race. But Im sure watching it on, whatever crappy frozen state you live in, was just as good.

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
That track looked SLICK, nobody looked smooth on it, not even Reed & Bubba.

I think this is J-Law's year, the kid is on the gas this season, NJ represent!

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
The 250 main was awesome. The top 6 were all bunched up and trading placed for the first 1/2 of the race.

Bubba - wow - what a ride (at least after the first turn).

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
Lites are 250 four strokes, SX class are 450 four strokes.

Sadly, there haven't really been any 125's competing at the pro level in a number of years now.

I'll always be a 2 stroke guy (wait... that didn't sound so good :busted:)

ekozy39

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Also, did Wey make the last chance qualifyer and go to the main?

He's another I'm rooting for this year.
Nick Wey got 7th in Heat 1 and went straight to the main. Not bad for the new KTM ride.

Are you guys feeling all the Green "M"s everywhere? I enjoy watching Speed, Fuel, and MTV, and it seems like it's almost too much now.

My wife drug me down to LA this past weekend for a friends wedding...then I read that SX #1 was happening in two days. Sweet! Logged on got the tickets, then asked, "Hey, we didn't have plans for Sat. night between 5-midnight did we?" Hahah, great. Turned out to be a spectacular day. No rain, pretty clear most of the day, awesome racing!
Nothing like walking into the stadium and being hit by the first wiff of race fuel. YUMM! Braaaap, let's RACE! Awesome.
Looking forward to SF SX. Hope the new date this year means drier race, yikes.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Was it only me or did it look like Reed gave Bubba a little extra lean in coming into the first corner, in part causing Bubba to go down. It seemed like at lap 15 or so Bubba packed it in, accepted 2nd and rode conservatively. If he can keep that kind of mentality up he's going to be even more dangerous..

EM-EFER

Monkey
May 29, 2007
I think Bubba packed it in after he road like an animal and still saw Reed still way out front. Reed was matching Bubba's fastest times.

I think Bubba is going to crush once it dries up.

seth505

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
CA
It seemed like at lap 15 or so Bubba packed it in, accepted 2nd and rode conservatively. If he can keep that kind of mentality up he's going to be even more dangerous..
Ya honestly man, that has been his only major downfall is not knowing when to ride at least somewhat conservative.

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
As much as I'm hoping to see some good racing, I've got to admit Bubba will probably destroy come next week & a dry track.

Reed does look better this year then he ever has before though.