Quantcast

monster t issue

Aug 9, 2005
burnaby/bc
i have 2003 monster T and i have been riding this fork for a while about 2 months? however I often hear and feel! knocking sound and noise whenever I go down rocky or fast section with quite a bit of steep or rough sections. also it makes the same sound when i go straight against few things. I am a little worried about the noise.. is it the bushing tahts worn? i dont think it is but.. I couldnt figure out a problem.. Its kind of anoying.. it makes the fork feel like crap especially down fast consecutive large hits or some what big. Its definately not spiking but I hear the Knocking sound. I played around with rebound and its not at the fastest. Its around middle but not too slow and compression is set to proper setting. is it my bushings? seal? lack of oil? i replaced oil to 7.5w about a month ago and it came with 10w. I dont think i damaged hscv cartridge. Any ideas?

p.s. I am sure its not my headset or any other things. this is very VERY noticeable especially on fast and rocky, consecutive hits etc.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Yo. Check the DH forum. Not saying someone in the lounge cant help you, but the DH forum is much more techy. :thumb:

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Pau11y said:
You have no idea what spring slap sounds like until you ride a Mr Dirt!
I have a really clear idea of what spring slap sounds like.

The past three forks I've owned are bad springslappers.

2004 Z1
2005 Vanilla RLC 130
2005 Pike Team.

The Vanilla was the worst easily.