Quantcast

Monster T2 Travel Change

ALiner

Chimp
Nov 15, 2004
Toronto, Canada
I bought a 2003 Monster T2 off a friend at the beginning of the season and I've had no problems with it at all. Apparently when he got the fork he had a mechanic switch it from the 8" setting to a 7" setting by moving a spacer or something internally. Does anyone know how to get the fork back in the 8" setting? I asked the guy I bought it off of, but he can't remember how the guy did it. Any help would be great!

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Take the fork all the way apart, and take note that there are two different springs- the long spring, and the short "top out" spring. There should be a spacer next to the top out spring that limits the down travel of the fork. If it's like a jr.t (it's supposed to be identical internally), there will be a pressed on round aluminum "piece" (for lack of a better name) that's right next to the threaded part that sticks through the bottom of the lowers. Put a crescent wrench above the aluminum "piece" with the jaws touching the tube that the piece is pressed on to. Set the threaded part on the ground, and tap the wrench with a hammer to remove the piece. Leave the top-out spring in place, and put the "piece" back on. Move that spacer next to the long spring if you need it, if the springs are long enough you won't need it anymore.

If any of this sounds confusing, you may want to get help from someone who's taken forks apart before so nothing gets screwed up.