Quantcast

Mont-Sainte-Anne/ Bromont

Juano

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
my hi-use
Hey guys need a little help. Best way to fly into MSA and getting to the venue and fly out of Bromont? coming from California, thanks in advance.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
If you can swing it, fly into Quebec City (Airport code YQB; located about 50 minutes from Ste Anne), get a one way rental car, and fly out of Montreal (Airport code YUL; located about 1hr 10min from Bromont). Not sure where you're departing from, but United could cover that exact route out of LAX for $584. If you use your USACycling discount code, you could get it even cheaper. The distance between the two venues is about a 3.5 hour drive. Rental cars start at $40 (compact) to $57 (full size) per day from Budget.

Happy travels,

--JP

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
If you really want to save $$$ and don't mind driving, sometimes flight to and from Burlington can be significantly cheaper and it may be worth it checking that out. The drive to MSA could be a good 3.5-4 hours, which may not be interesting, but I believe the drive Bromont-Burlington should not be long.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
When I hit MSA, it was a couple hundred cheaper to fly into Burlington, though it is still about a 2.5 hour drive, give or take, but still came out ahead in the end.

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
Yea, for some reason this year flights to Burlington seem to be quite a bit cheaper than anything else. Im going into there for Mt Snow then flying back out of there after Bromont.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
There is no way you can make it to Mt Ste Anne from Burlington in 2.5 hours without risking arrest.

x

agree. I live in Burlington and have yet to make it to Saint-Anne in less than 4 hours. and that's going +10/15 above the speed limit. if you want to do it in 2.5 you'd better be driving a Bugatti (though i hear at top speed the gas tank last about 13 minutes so good luck).

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
agree. I live in Burlington and have yet to make it to Saint-Anne in less than 4 hours. and that's going +10/15 above the speed limit. if you want to do it in 2.5 you'd better be driving a Bugatti (though i hear at top speed the gas tank last about 13 minutes so good luck).
On top of that some of the highways in that area will shake the fillings out of your teeth and the wheels off of the car.

x

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
hmmmm... if anyone does the "Burlington to MSA to Bromont to Burlington" route (or somethings similar), drop me a line... i "might" be interested in joining up with ya if you have room. Essentially i have room & travel from MSA to Bromont.... but i have no real source to get out there right now... so i'm trying to make things cheap & easy.

next option is to possibly just do MSA or Bromont

or no WCs at all.... damnit

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Dave and I live in Burlington and will be doing the Burlinton-MSA-Burlington-Bromont-Burlington route. might be possible to work something out if we take 2 cars.

Juano

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
my hi-use
hmmmm... if anyone does the "Burlington to MSA to Bromont to Burlington" route (or somethings similar), drop me a line... i "might" be interested in joining up with ya if you have room. Essentially i have room & travel from MSA to Bromont.... but i have no real source to get out there right now... so i'm trying to make things cheap & easy.

next option is to possibly just do MSA or Bromont

or no WCs at all.... damnit
JDD,

I am on your same agenda. I just need to get to MSA and John and boys are helping with the rest.

If you want to link let me know.

Also thanks guys, Burlington sounds like it would work but I am trying not to rent a car.

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
JDD,

I am on your same agenda. I just need to get to MSA and John and boys are helping with the rest.

If you want to link let me know.

Also thanks guys, Burlington sounds like it would work but I am trying not to rent a car.
Even if you fly into Quebec City you would need a car (or some kind of ride) to get to the mountain. I know from my wife parents' house right near the city is about 30-40 minute drive. I just asked her and the airport is about an hour drive to the mountain.

x

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
Even if you fly into Quebec City you would need a car (or some kind of ride) to get to the mountain. I know from my wife parents' house right near the city is about 30-40 minute drive. I just asked her and the airport is about an hour drive to the mountain.

x
not sure about Juano, but i know that if i got to Quebec airport, i can find a ride to the mtn... it's just that extra few hundred that i can't afford to fly across the boarder.... Pinned doesn't have a huge budget! haha