Quantcast

Mont Sainte Anne (CAN) 2013 World Cup #4

Apr 25, 2011
Pacific Northwet
Gee almost 10 seconds out! Gwin is sniffing around were he should be. Stoked to see how far Gutierrez has come this year. And finally, GO Stevie!!! I love WC, cannot wait foe Sunday.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
men after 41 riders. might change a bit but the top 10 will probably stick.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Remember the last year in Juniors at worlds when Troy and Neko finished with almost the exact same time.
And there they are again in 9th and 10th .1 apart from one another.
Sunday is going to be awesome.
I thought Brosnon won by like 7 seconds at Champery, Neko crashed out after being injuerd most of the year. YOu must be referring to 2010...

Last edited:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Yeah, you are right, it was the worlds at Mont St. Anne, here are the results:

JUNIOR MEN DOWNHILL RESULTS
1 Troy Brosnan (Australia) 0:04:50.71
2 Neko Mulally (United States Of America) 0:00:00.06
3 Lewis Buchanan (Great Britain) 0:00:09.05

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Gwin in 4th on a wet track.

Here's my outta my ass prediction:
Gwin is out of the running for the overall. He's never won a World's yet. He's somehow learning to ride a bike again because past results had NOTHING to do with the bike. Even though the bike is irrelevant, he is getting it sorted out. His focus is on Worlds. He will win Worlds. Specialized will have their second World title with a bike that is not capable of winning races.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
Gwin in 4th on a wet track.

Here's my outta my ass prediction:
Gwin is out of the running for the overall. He's never won a World's yet. He's somehow learning to ride a bike again because past results had NOTHING to do with the bike. Even though the bike is irrelevant, he is getting it sorted out. His focus is on Worlds. He will win Worlds. Specialized will have their second World title with a bike that is not capable of winning races.
don't forget that minnaar isn't exactly where he usually is either - 1 podium in 3 races. in that men's fashion video (wat?) he mentioned his training this year is focused on worlds...

bismojo

Monkey
May 5, 2009
About the worlds.. Looks like everyone targets it, watch out for SikMik tho.. If he's healthy and no mechanical problem, he's the one to bet IMHO.

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
don't forget that minnaar isn't exactly where he usually is either - 1 podium in 3 races. in that men's fashion video (wat?) he mentioned his training this year is focused on worlds...
Yep! It almost looks like he's saving himself for worlds. Didn't he announce his retirement after worlds? He sure wants to step down as world champion on home turf so this is gonna be a hard one for every other contender if Minnaar really wants to win this race.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Just learned from Dirt TV that Gwin is now running red chain ring bolts.

If he can't win with these kinds of advantages he never will

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Ditto on this...
It's a bummer that she's not here. As a fan of women's racing, I thought yesterday was kind of sad. Qualis was just a seeding run because there were only 20 women including the juniors. No Jill, and no Jackie Harmony at the closest thing we have to a home race. I hear that Casey Brown is out with a broken collarbone too. Probably the worst is that there were only 2 juniors - that can't be a good sign for the future. It was also a bummer to see top riders like Morgane Charre and Em Ragot go around the jump in the top woods.

For the record, only Rach, Manon, Pompon and Flo hit it.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
It is crystal clear and blowing like stink this morning. The St Lawrence looks very angry. I predict a 100% chance of sunburn and dehydration today. I think the mechanics can stop cutting spikes now.

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
*single pivot for the WIN!... again.

1. sam H - the time is now for the top step on "his" race track
2. steve smith - home court advantage!
3. gessus
4. sam B
5. gwin - what's the STATUS (carbon) of his DEMOns?

Dec 7, 2009
Cloud Kiwi
Gwin could possibly pull this one it wouldn't surprise me, this track has always suited him!

Id love to see Sam Hill take it though, and SammyB in the top 3 somewhere anywhere.

Harts looking good too!

Let err rip boys, and go all the Kiwis, esp shout outs to the Rotorua boys Matt Walker and Louis Hamilton, pin it boys wheels right side up...

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
It's hard to imagine Gee not winning this. He seems like he is fully in control. That said I'm pulling for Ratboy to get his first win. He cruised qualies since he was not protected and definitely has more speed. I also think Beaumont is a bit of a dark horse here. There are so many fast riders here!

I know my podium is wrong, but...

Ratboy
Gee
Bryn Atkinson (the best he's ridden in a long time)
Beaumont
Matt Simonds

if I had to bet real money on it though...

Gee
Smith
Greg
Hill
Gwin