Quantcast

Mont-Sainte-Frenchie 2022

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Stoked for this race to be back.
Track has it all; proper rocky gnar, blazing fast open sections and a few jumps for Kerr to get down on.

Looks like it's going be dry; will @Avy 's man crush relive some former glory, Finn finally get his win, the young guns and Kerr keep the momentum rolling, the UCI's pet goat throw down, or if it will be a total French domination?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
is msa where gwin scrubbed around the outside edge of a sketchy double? one of the sweetest moves i've ever seen.
No.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I can see Gwin matching his La Bresse finish at MSA this weekend, 43rd is very attainable for him.

Kidding, don't yell at me @Avy

Smart money is on Pierron, but for some reason I don't think the world's Frenchest man will win it, podium for sure but I have a feeling, based on nothing at all, that it'll be a longshot on top of the podium.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
A friend was at MSA a week or so ago and said they were doing some work on the Steve Smith drop. MOAR rox or something?

Its such a huge mountain, its too bad they (and others) don't do more of the double header races, somehow.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Its such a huge mountain, its too bad they (and others) don't do more of the double header races, somehow.
the only reason any of the mountains / resorts had done double headers over the last few years was due to cancellations at other venues as a result of covid restrictions. that's not really the case anymore.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
the only reason any of the mountains / resorts had done double headers over the last few years was due to cancellations at other venues as a result of covid restrictions. that's not really the case anymore.
I know, but no reason to not do it again. It was great for us plebs watching.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I know, but no reason to not do it again. It was great for us plebs watching.
i wonder how much extra $$$ it costs.... i mean everything is more or less already on-site and setup. they'd have to move cameras and start/finish lines to run a different track but it could be done.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Denied at the border.
they squatch'ed their way in
There's always Roxham Road...

i wonder how much extra $$$ it costs.... i mean everything is more or less already on-site and setup. they'd have to move cameras and start/finish lines to run a different track but it could be done.
Well, hopefully they have addressed the piss-poor on-site emergency response and air-evacuation situation that was such a disaster for Brook. Having all that on-site for an extra few days must be one helluvan added cost?

(also, not throwing shade at MSA here. Their on-site rescue and patrollers were excellent for me when I broke my back there last year. As I understand it, event organizers have to have their own medevac company on-site for these races. Which in this case was Gestev, as the organisers of Vélirium, the event that hosts the World Cup...)

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Per Danny's Instagram:

"Hello everyone. As many know we welcomed our second daughter into the world last week. However she took an unfortunate turn after bringing her home. Without going into too much detail, I had to return to my family and meet my daughter in the ICU. She has had major surgery but is doing well and is expected to make a full recovery, in time. As you can imagine it is more important for me to be with her and my family and consequently I will not be competing at the next World Cup in Mont Sainte Anne."

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Just to bring this back to the top of the page...

These guys did a bit of math: https://fullattack.cc/msa-2022-qui-peut-deja-remporter-la-coupe-du-monde-des-ce-week-end/

pretty much all points leaders could lock up the overall title this weekend. Sounds like wins are necessary for the juniors to do so...

For Cami, it sounds like if she wins qualis (again) that locks up the overall. She leads Myriam by 230 points, and with 250 points (200 for finals and 50 for qualis) on offer at each round, a win in qualis puts the overall out of Myriam's reach. Also, if she finishes on the podium, it's game over for the other ladies.

As for Amaury, he leads the overall by 422 points over Finn and 434 over Loris... if he scores no points in qualis, he'd need to finish no lower than 11th in the finals to lock up the overall. Sitting pretty, he is!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just to bring this back to the top of the page...

These guys did a bit of math: https://fullattack.cc/msa-2022-qui-peut-deja-remporter-la-coupe-du-monde-des-ce-week-end/

pretty much all points leaders could lock up the overall title this weekend. Sounds like wins are necessary for the juniors to do so...

For Cami, it sounds like if she wins qualis (again) that locks up the overall. She leads Myriam by 230 points, and with 250 points (200 for finals and 50 for qualis) on offer at each round, a win in qualis puts the overall out of Myriam's reach. Also, if she finishes on the podium, it's game over for the other ladies.

As for Amaury, he leads the overall by 422 points over Finn and 434 over Loris... if he scores no points in qualis, he'd need to finish no lower than 11th in the finals to lock up the overall. Sitting pretty, he is!
maybe for DH, but over in XCO things are super tight. 12 points separate first and second in the womens side, and only about 220 points separate the top 5. nino still has a hundred point lead despite sitting out snowshoe, but between him and 3rd place is only 132 points.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
maybe for DH, but over in XCO things are super tight. 12 points separate first and second in the womens side, and only about 220 points separate the top 5. nino still has a hundred point lead despite sitting out snowshoe, but between him and 3rd place is only 132 points.
Hopefully he's fit enough to race this week. His bridge crash was gnarly.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

i wonder how many of the new bits will end up in the livestream.
Weird that he'd got a video up yesterday of them travelling to MSA that I'd started watching, but then it had been deleted by today.

His prize money for coming second was ~$1650.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Weird that he'd got a video up yesterday of them travelling to MSA that I'd started watching, but then it had been deleted by today.

His prize money for coming second was ~$1650.
You should ask him why he deleted it

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
maybe YEEZY came after him for talking shit about his YEEZY kicks. or maybe the driving on the sidewalk part. or maybe uci got sick of him exposing the shit prize money everyone gets...

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I hope rocks don't ruin this race too
I am scratching my head with this comment. You Cried about the rocks at the last race. OK Avy,5 funnies and one like. Ain’t nothin funny about it. He must be joking Avy. Why with you’re French Lover overtaking Greg,I do not know why you worry Brother? He has 10 Fucking wins at 25. He is Buffed,He is Fast,and He is the Goat in the making! Viva France!

Avy

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Heading to the race this weekend.
Bringing bikes, but I have a problem.
LeMassif on Friday and MSA on Sunday for riding.
The others are all on enduro bikes and I have a choice.
Due to my head issues, I figure I have one day of riding.
So...

Le Massif on Friday using my 29r 150/135mm trail bike
or
MSA on Sunday on my 27.5/26 DH bike.

Which would you choose?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Heading to the race this weekend.
Bringing bikes, but I have a problem.
LeMassif on Friday and MSA on Sunday for riding.
The others are all on enduro bikes and I have a choice.
Due to my head issues, I figure I have one day of riding.
So...

Le Massif on Friday using my 29r 150/135mm trail bike
or
MSA on Sunday on my 27.5/26 DH bike.

Which would you choose?
MSA

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
@Avy - @Westy loves the rocks...he was poking fun at the people on here complaining that "the terrible horrible no good very bad 'flat rock gardens' that they've never ridden and aren't actually flat nor are the rocks there all flat either" ruined snowshoe making it the worst race in the history of races and places.