Quantcast

Mont-Sainte-Frenchie 2022

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Heading to the race this weekend.
Bringing bikes, but I have a problem.
LeMassif on Friday and MSA on Sunday for riding.
The others are all on enduro bikes and I have a choice.
Due to my head issues, I figure I have one day of riding.
So...

Le Massif on Friday using my 29r 150/135mm trail bike
or
MSA on Sunday on my 27.5/26 DH bike.

Which would you choose?
I'd say Le Massif to skip the crowds. Park at the bottom...

The hill is bigger than MSA, but definitely more mellow.

There's lots of stuff on the north east side of MSA which is trail bike appropriate, if you want to squeeze in another day.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
@Avy - @Westy loves the rocks...he was poking fun at the people on here complaining that "the terrible horrible no good very bad 'flat rock gardens' that they've never ridden and aren't actually flat nor are the rocks there all flat either" ruined snowshoe making it the worst race in the history of races and places.
I knew it. Thank You. However,I stand firm on his Love for Big Bad Buffed Amery from France.

Avy

spinner

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Australia
maybe YEEZY came after him for talking shit about his YEEZY kicks. or maybe the driving on the sidewalk part. or maybe uci got sick of him exposing the shit prize money everyone gets...
He received a small portion of bacon with a meal , made a casual racial comment in relation to it , it didn't go down well with a few people in the comment section. It was barely noticeable , wasn't like he made a scene in the restaurant.
I guess it's 2022 , snowflakes rule.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
He received a small portion of bacon with a meal , made a casual racial comment in relation to it , it didn't go down well with a few people in the comment section. It was barely noticeable , wasn't like he made a scene in the restaurant.
I guess it's 2022 , snowflakes rule.
Casual racism is the best racism.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
What? Who was racist and how is that related to bacon? This has me confused.

Also if we have casual racial moments how do formal racial moments look?

Finally I forgot to mention this in the Snowshoe topic but when me and my GF were watching the feed our ex-stripping friend was staying at our place for a while. She was thinking it was not pronounced Snow-Shoe but Snows-Hoe. We did not correct her.

Last edited:

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Aaron Gwin laying down some Gary Glitter on his latest reel and learning about Gary Glitter in the comments is very Aaron Gwin.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010

Finally I forgot to mention this in the Snowshoe topic but when me and my GF were watching the feed our ex-stripping friend was staying at our place for a while. She was thinking it was not pronounced Snow-Shoe but Snows-Hoe. We did not correct her.
I was just playing off the "casual racial" comment, as if there were a formal class of racial comment that also has intent. As long as one keeps it casual, it's cool.

I didn't see the video but I'm sure it was about a group of people (I can think of a couple) who don't eat pork.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So...

or

Which would you choose?
The only issue with MSA will be the crowds and possible trail closures on Sunday as the xc race will still be going on...

I was just playing off the "casual racial" comment, as if there were a formal class of racial comment that also has intent. As long as one keeps it casual, it's cool.

I didn't see the video but I'm sure it was about a group of people (I can think of a couple) who don't eat pork.
I saw it. The expression he used was that they had "jewed" him on the bacon... In that they had been miserly with it...

I find it interesting that he's constantly reprimanding people for dropping the f bomb, but let this one slide...

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I find it interesting that he's constantly reprimanding people for dropping the f bomb, but let this one slide...
You get demonetized by Youtube for dropping the f-bomb, but racial slurs are fiiiiiinnneee! :homer: :twitch:

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Saying that kind of shit in 2022 is inexcusable.

I saw it. The expression he used was that they had "jewed" him on the bacon... In that they had been miserly with it...

norbar

Jun 7, 2007

But who said it? I missed who said it. Can't wach the videos at the office.

Also seriously? Who uses that expression in 2022. I don't remember hearing it in the last 15+ years and I live in the country that still pretends there was never antisemitism here.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
what if he said „i didn’t order the halal version“ instead, that still be cool or already haram?
Well yeah because it doesn't perpetrate the negative stereotype that people who eat halal are money grabbing misers

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Yeah, that's a "teachable moment" for him right there. A joke about eating restrictions (which I guessed this was) is one thing, but that's over a line.

Maybe he and Amaury Pierron can double up on sensitivity training and save some money.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I give Danny a hard time (hey somebody has to come in 5th place) but I truly hope his family and his daughter are OK. That stuff is no joke.

Who was the rider with the casual racism comment? I kind of thought we were past that. I know "wah wah cancel culture" but would you say something like that in a crowded room or in an office environment? You'd get fired pretty quick, and I think it's fair to hold shitty instagram fake athletes to the same standard as your generic middle manager.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Who was the rider with the casual racism comment? I kind of thought we were past that. I know "wah wah cancel culture" but would you say something like that in a crowded room or in an office environment? You'd get fired pretty quick, and I think it's fair to hold shitty instagram fake athletes to the same standard as your generic middle manager.
Bernard Kerr. From having watched many of his previous vlogs, I don't get the sense he harbours racist sentiments. I feel it's more a case of vestigial racist expressions in the common vernacular. (eg, it took me a few years to understand how racist the expression "gypped" is, and another few years to stop using it). That said, as someone who derives a part of their living from being in the public eye, I think he has a higher duty of care than the average person. I don't blame him for using the expression, and I applaud him for taking the video down.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Bernard Kerr. From having watched many of his previous vlogs, I don't get the sense he harbours racist sentiments. I feel it's more a case of vestigial racist expressions in the common vernacular. (eg, it took me a few years to understand how racist the expression "gypped" is, and another few years to stop using it). That said, as someone who derives a part of their living from being in the public eye, I think he has a higher duty of care than the average person. I don't blame him for using the expression, and I applaud him for taking the video down.
Makes sense. People slip up and there should be a margin of forgiveness, but it's also important that we mature as people and be sensitive to others' perspectives.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Makes sense. People slip up and there should be a margin of forgiveness, but it's also important that we mature as people and be sensitive to others' perspectives.
This. As long as people go "my bad" and don't go "you stupid snowflakes are policing my free speech" it's not an issue. Our language is often a case of our environment and upbringing and we need to give people room to be better if they are willing. It's defo better than people going on "ok someone criticized what I said so now I will make a career out of being this person".

Also can't wait for MSA rocks.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
So...

or

Which would you choose?
I'd skip the crowds too and go for Le Massif even if I haven't ever ridden there. My friend did the excavator/design work on a few trails and he says they're cool when ridden fast so I'd take his word for it.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Looks like it will be the Fugitive and LeMassif.
Driver is trying to wiggle things so I can take both, as it would give us a spare bike and me options if I"m feeling it for Sunday.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Also seriously? Who uses that expression in 2022. I don't remember hearing it in the last 15+ years
Backwards poorly educated white southern English folk do. especially the type from small inbred rural villages and small towns. Add to that being a fairly priveleged/spoilt kid who's never really had to have a proper job or spent any significant time with normal people or interact in any sort of multi cultural society and the chances of occasionally behaving like a bit of a dick can become quite high.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Backwards poorly educated white southern English folk do. especially the type from small inbred rural villages and small towns. Add to that being a fairly priveleged/spoilt kid who's never really had to have a proper job or spent any significant time with normal people or interact in any sort of multi cultural society and the chances of occasionally behaving like a bit of a dick can become quite high.
I'd not go on a classist tirade just because people from a certain part of your country don't share your views. This only creates further divide an animosity and voting out of spite. Last time I checked it's kinda what got you brexited. Yes people outside of big city populations where you have more social internactions with new people and people who are not challenged for what they say tend to say bad stuff but as long as they are willing to be better. Your behavior will prevent many people from trying not to be a-holes. Just because we were lucky to be around people who were a positive influence on us doesn't mean we should claim everyone who has backwards views is "inbred".

I'd put a big line between unknowingly saying something bad and being a shitty person on purpose. It was not the latter. Seriously let's not blow it out of proportion here. If to my crazy leftist eyes this looks like a slipup lets not pretend he is somehow worse than Mel Gibson.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
*sigh* no tirade here. just answering your question. with. you know... a little background knowledge.
Stop taking everything so seriously FFS!
How long did you live in the small towns of the south of England @norbar? and where else in the UK have you lived to make comparisons from?
I'd not go on a classist tirade just because people from a certain part of your country don't share your views.
You only have to move a few miles in many parts of the UK for accents and terms of speech to change fairly dramatically. Views and cultural differences can still be huge in those small communities. I didn't mention my own views at all and I'm certainly not classist.
doesn't mean we should claim everyone who has backwards views is "inbred".
Yeah. and I didn't claim any such thing. FYI "The term "small inbred village/town" is common figure of speech here and it's more about the insular group mentality of such places than actual inbreeding. [EDIT - and I do realise the irony of using the term]
Seriously let's not blow it out of proportion here.
Yeah. I'm not blowing anything out of proportion at all as I don't actually care what Bernard said.

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Still if we rated mustaches Kolb probably is #1
I've no idea how to rate mustaches. But to be rated you surely first must have one so I don't see Finn's effort even getting an entry just yet.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Gawd I can't wait for the practice footage to drop. and quali. and then watch the race!

In his interview with Wyn, Sven said he wasn't putting Amaury down for the win because of the pressure on his shoulders... I kind of wonder if there's something to that... I'm thinking of swapping him out in my fantasy team for Loris... Sven mentioned Pompon and Daprela's experiences last year (only needing to finish in top 20 in last 2 races for Thibault to wrap it up, but didn't make it happen) as potentially weighing on Amaury.

The thing is, Amaury has experience taking the overall. He also seems really strong mentally. I don't see him playing the points game and dialing it back to play it safe. I feel like he's more likely to get into the race mentality and going for the win...

decisions decisions

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Amoury will win

When asked after Snowshoe about his 4 wins(so far) in one season he said him and his trainer had planned on winning every race

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Gawd I can't wait for the practice footage to drop. and quali. and then watch the race!

In his interview with Wyn, Sven said he wasn't putting Amaury down for the win because of the pressure on his shoulders... I kind of wonder if there's something to that... I'm thinking of swapping him out in my fantasy team for Loris... Sven mentioned Pompon and Daprela's experiences last year (only needing to finish in top 20 in last 2 races for Thibault to wrap it up, but didn't make it happen) as potentially weighing on Amaury.

The thing is, Amaury has experience taking the overall. He also seems really strong mentally. I don't see him playing the points game and dialing it back to play it safe. I feel like he's more likely to get into the race mentality and going for the win...

decisions decisions
Amaury seems to be unaffected by pressure. He seems uberconfident tbh. He planned to win it all as Gary has said. He knows he has the speed. The only times he did bad this year is when he crashed before the race or had some other issues. Healthy, non crashed Amaury wins this 9/10 times