Quantcast

Mont-Sainte-Frenchie 2022

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
The model mut be vegan, imagine how that must feel if you'd be a vegan fully adorned with butter!

Hopefully they let me choose the black kit.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
Speaking of Specialized, is Loic really injured ? I haven't found any mention of it except on VitalMTB.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Speaking of Specialized, is Loic really injured ? I haven't found any mention of it except on VitalMTB.
spomer just posted that it sounds like he is gonna line up for qualifying

"an hour ago loic posted a riding photo and "MSA QUALI" to insta stories, so would appear he's good to go. let's hope so!"

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The model mut be vegan, imagine how that must feel if you'd be a vegan fully adorned with butter!
seems like a lot of companies are going with slim fit for some reason. i had to size up on a pair of TLD sprint pants this year b/c they were too tight on my thighs.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Sorry, if it's well know and I'm just out the loop...but what's going on with Tahnee Seagrave?

I know she had a concussion earlier this year. Is it still the reason she's not racing? If so, that must have been a bad one and I hope she is getting better! :(

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Sorry, if it's well know and I'm just out the loop...but what's going on with Tahnee Seagrave?

I know she had a concussion earlier this year. Is it still the reason she's not racing? If so, that must have been a bad one and I hope she is getting better! :(
It's good that we're finally giving TBIs the attention they deserve in the sport.

Andrew Shandro's son (Ethan?) had a bad one a few years ago after some good junior WC race results, and hasn't been back to racing since. Not sure if it's directly related or not.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Nice and that looks big.

I was told they are also putting in a permanent slalom course too, as part of the sea otter crap coming there in September. Any sight of that?
Haven’t gotten past the pump track. Will report back. It’s a double pump track. Beginner and advanced.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
those are here in so many towns, apparently part of the swiss school sports education
He also said, “this is the best pump track I’ve ever been to” after several rounds. And I agree. The steepness of the bumps and the angles of the banks are great. Nice work VS.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Nice and that looks big.

I was told they are also putting in a permanent slalom course too, as part of the sea otter crap coming there in September. Any sight of that?
Looks like there is one, but it’s not fully flagged atm. I see small jumps and berms, two tracks. Looks cool.

shelteringsky

Monkey
May 21, 2010
Misgendering..

Apparently its a crime to post someone's name as printed in their race results after they've changed gender.
Typical Pinkbike bullshit. Easier to call someone out for misgendering than address the issue of M-to-F trans athletes potentially ruining women's sports (incl. DH). Fantasy DH is the only worthwhile thing on there.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
The world is moving on, old man.
Yeah. Yeah... And isn't it absolutely wonderful we humans now have the choice to pick and choose which of our past events others are allowed to remember and which may never ever be spoken of again?
Fuck the world!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Loic's crash was in a "tame" section similar to Cammy. Sucks for the overall to not be decided against the clock.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
loic opted out. too much risk.
sounds like it's more about pain that risk...
Loic's crash was in a "tame" section similar to Cammy. Sucks for the overall to not be decided against the clock.
5 minute track is a lot to maintain full focus on I guess... seems that the worst injuries are from momentary lapses in attention when you go on "cruise control" and aren't fully focussed... sucks for all the injured riders, especially at this point in the season (so close to the end)...
hoping for the Cdn top step sweep, across the 3 categories we actually have racers in!
I'm with you on that. Though Goldstone was 11s off Jordan's time... is he playing it safe for the overall, is he playing mind-games, or is Jordan that much quicker on this track than Jackson...?

Last edited:

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Minnaar into 2nd...pretty much confirms he's an immortal vampire that somehow can function quite well in the daytime. Obviously if there was ever a WC race at night he would transform into a bat and win by a few minutes.

Really pulling hard for Finnley tho! Probably my favorite rider to watch (in a relatively non-creepy way)

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
5 minute track is a lot to maintain full focus on I guess... seems that the worst injuries are from momentary lapses in attention when you go on "cruise control" and aren't fully focussed... sucks for all the injured riders, especially at this point in the season (so close to the end)...
Came off a drop and rode high over the edge of a berm.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
sounds like it's more about pain that risk...

I'm with you on that. Though Goldstone was 11s off Jordan's time... is he playing it safe for the overall, is he playing mind-games, or is Jordan that much quicker on this track than Jackson...?
Apparently he flatted after the 4th timing split. Peeled the tire off the rim.