Quantcast

Mont-Sainte-Frenchie 2022

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
That jump Greg did was weird af. He launched himself sideways. Did he unclip while pulling up or what happened?
calmly clipping back in AFTER entering the off camber rock was pure Minnaar tho.
Just like popping your shoulder back in mid race winning run at Ft William.
The boy's not human

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Looked like Greg came in wicked hot and with his body too far on the right, which tossed him off his namesake gap aimed left. The slow-mi reply that stayed with the camera from behind showed it best.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
amazing race, so stoked for Finn!! Surprised to see GM go for that gap when it was clear he was off kilter headed into it, shame he didn't just stay a bit more grounded!

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Jackson with yet another time that'd have put him top 3 in elite.
I know they didn't always race the same track conditions but I wonder how high up the Elite overall ranking his individual round quali and finals times would have put him points wise?

Last edited:

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
I will.
I love Missy.

I'm absolutely ok with women's racing. it's just not as watchable as mens.
Just as amateur sport level mens racing isn't.

Linky to podcasty pretty please?
No seems to have told anyone about the women WC recently. Lol

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Just finished watching the replay. (MSA is the worst for watching live in Australia). What a fucken race. Amazing.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
  • Are some riders wearing upper mouth/teeth guards?
  • Blenkinsop with a top 10 is awesome. Had courses not gone all motorway/bikepark in the 2010s, I think he would have been higher in the standings for much of his career. His WC win at age 18 came on the ruthless Schladming course. I'd say the more natural courses, and the trend back to fewer bike park zoomer courses, will suit him in the last few years of his career.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Back home now. What a race. First race of this caliber I’ve seen in almost 20 years. Interestingly minaar was at the last one too!

We took the gondola to the top and walked down. Saw riders doing amazing riding in the new steep woods, greenland enter the lower rocks and the final 10 from the finish line area.

Such a great course, and so nice to see it in person after all these years. Weather was brilliant too. So many people out there to spectate. A nice mix and not all bros thankfully!

What a showing by Iles. We were listening to the finish line announcer, and didn’t hear that he was without a chain! Happy for Greenland and Blenki too. Blenki looked completely composed when he passed us, not kinda wild/energetic like I’ve seen on video in the past.

Caught some of the women too while we were near the top. They were riding awesome. Nicole looked also very composed.

I have some video and photos. Will try to post.

Last edited:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Also, my son had a great time. He enjoyed seeing the race, the atmosphere, THE PUMPTRACK, the gondola, etc. Will have to do it again!

Last edited:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Benoit taking it off course into the kitty litter at 60kph was wild. Can't believe that ended as well as it did. And Minaar's aggressive tree hug too. Yowsers.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
that's a disappointing comment ^^...

anyways... there's always so many helmet cam videos posted of the winning runs, it'd be nice to see a not-perfect run... I'm curious to see what Greg's helmet cam looks like. I wonder if they'll post it.

awesome that you could make it there @dump ! those photos look awesome. it's cool to see the pump track there as well.

Kerr posted his race-day vlog.
the lineups to get up the gondola looked mad! they must have felt like rock stars cutting the line like that and getting cheered on the whole way by! and the cheers all the way down the entire hill were amazing! It must have been such a rad atmosphere. I haven't been to a WC live since the last one in Bromont... I really need to change that!

Nina's video also showed cheers the whole way down... and that's a long track!

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Erm... rockshox might challenge that

buttercup ;)
Two question’s Gary:

Where are we at on Points on TeBow/Amery vs Kolb/Hatton?

The Last time we were in France for Worlds was 2013 Hart Correct?

More on that later.

Avy

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
the lineups to get up the gondola looked mad!
They were. About 70+ minutes on race day. For qualies, I stood for about 30 minutes before bailing and going back to the pump track.

F2B4DDC2-9141-4C85-81D9-F185E373B0B2.jpeg

race day, ~ 40 minutes into the line.

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Where are we at on Points on TeBow/Amery vs Kolb/Hatton?
We? :brow:
Amoury has racked up more points than Kolb/Hatton combined even after his poor (for him) qualifier and little lie down in the dust yesterday afternoon.

Amaury is on 1245 and Thibault 536 so 1781pts racked up for Commencal between them
Kolb 626 with Hatton on 484 so I make that 1110pts they've gained for Atherton Racing

Remind me what was up for stake again? Was it your house, wife, car or just some ugly modern 29er enduro bike?

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
We? :brow:
Amoury has racked up more points than Kolb/Hatton combined even after his poor (for him) qualifier and little lie down in the dust yesterday afternoon.

Amaury is on 1245 and Thibault 536 so 1781pts racked up for Commencal between them
Kolb 626 with Hatton on 484 so I make that 1110pts they've gained for Atherton Racing

Remind me what was up for stake again? Was it your house, wife, car or just some ugly modern 29er enduro bike?
Shit,I thought they would have more points with all of Kolbs great runs? Plus Hatton did not do bad either. Back when I first made a comment about best duo,you were on that French Train saying no way. It stuck with me,hence the we. It seems it is not possible to catch the French at this point?

Avy

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Haha... Hey Avy. you crack me up! I'm not even out the station bar if they're still serving beer nevermind on any train man.
A healthy Amoury is next level on any track and Daprella if he actually stays on for a full run isn't likely to be far off him.
I've loved watching Kolb and Hatton do well (particularly Kolb) this season.
finn winning this weekend was awesome to see as was Kerr pulling all his insane skill together to get a few well deserved great results. Laurie pushing and Minnaar still doing inconcievable Minnaar tings. Troy coming straight back to the podium after injury. I've also enjoyed the extremely talented ginger cowboy finally getting close again. Just many of the ups I've enjoyed this season.
The only downs would be injuries from the likes of Cami, Loic and Loris (and more). and Danny having to fly halfway across the world worried about his newborn baby.

I'm possibly the least patriotic sports follower you'll ever meet.
I attend LIVE national football matches here with my mad keen (player and supporter) child and enjoy the sport so much I support BOTH teams. But have always had extremely low empathy for crying fans of losing teams.
Watching sport is nothing more than entertainment to me and I'm not particuarly invested or emotionally involved in results.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Posting in here just because.

Neff monstered the XCO.
Carod looked like he was out on a Sunday afternoon cruise for the men's XCO.