Quantcast

Mont Ste Anne World Cup - now live!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
BTW who is the highest paid DHer around right now? It's odd how most other sports show contracts publicly but I've never seen them in MTB, maybe due to the swankly funded media coverage.
Brian Lopes and Steve Peat are neck and neck...sam hill is not even close to their numbers.

DHperu

Monkey
Apr 14, 2005
one man in austria believed it to be a good idea to sell Sam Hill's urine...we know this beverage as red bull

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
2nd overall no doubt which of course is nothing anyone here can criticize. It just doesn't seem like he has that extra gear any more when it comes to the finals or maybe Hill is just that damn good.
Peaty is always a contender for the win. I don't think he's lost anything in terms of speed.

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
Peaty is always a contender for the win. I don't think he's lost anything in terms of speed.
Imagine what Sams gonna be like in his late 20's early 30's after he's had time to 'mature as a racer'.

That Steve is still top of his game at 33? is testament to his skill and fitness. Secretly, I'm hoping Steve will win the World Champs even though I'm a paid up member of the Sam Hill Fan Club.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Imagine what Sams gonna be like in his late 20's early 30's after he's had time to 'mature as a racer'.

That Steve is still top of his game at 33? is testament to his skill and fitness. Secretly, I'm hoping Steve will win the World Champs even though I'm a paid up member of the Sam Hill Fan Club.

I think Sam will pull a Nico or R.C. and run off to some motorsport. If he keeps it up he will be bored, quick.

dondon

Monkey
8 MARTIN Sven RSA 8:36.61

wonder if he took some pictures throughout his run? :p
Ha Ha Rich...spomer actually rang just before my run...and he said Litter Mag just got a huge investor, and i needed to take shots during my run.....from a riders perspective so to speak.....the money was too good to refuse. But if anyone wants to have a a flat tire race down MSA ill bet my house on me....I have a had a little practise this weekend.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Alex got 73rd. Not up there, but seeing as he is riding a different bike from every single other person on the mountain, he still gets props from me. Hopfully he can take care of his flat tires and start getting results.

humprabbit

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
This was written on the Descent world forum in the UK.

'Had a chat with Minnar, he dislocated his shoulder in his race run, yes in his race run, he sat down popped it back in at the 3rd attempt whilst still racing and then used his muscle to hold it in, while still finishing second, incredible!'

much respect to Greg.

RaID

Turbo Monkey

'Had a chat with Minnar, he dislocated his shoulder in his race run, yes in his race run, he sat down popped it back in at the 3rd attempt whilst still racing and then used his muscle to hold it in, while still finishing second, incredible!'

much respect to Greg.
apparently it happens regularly
he did at champery by just walking the track, seems like he is used to the feeling

humprabbit

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
apparently it happens regularly
he did at champery by just walking the track, seems like he is used to the feeling
Oh right, I was under the impression that he dislocated his shoulder for the first time while walking the course at Champrey. I hadnt heard that it was an old injury from before that.

fUUBi

Chimp
Dec 9, 2006

much respect to Greg.
Greg is definitely the winner of the day. Without his shoulder problem he would have won by 15 seconds at least. When will Sam Hill quit?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I'll try and find out what I can today from Lopes. I know bryn had a huge off in the downhill practice saturday and I didn;t see him on course sunday. More photos now posted.