Quantcast

>>>Montag GMT<<<

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Back to the salt mine. Will be spending the day unpacking my cube belongings due to the department move while I was gone. Not a single fuck will be given.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Buddy invited me for a "leisurely" ride on Saturday. Apparently leisurely meant 10 miles with 2K feet of climbing. After not riding enough this year to call myself a cyclist that hurt. :dead:

Also managed to book the 5 required flights for our honeymoon end of December. That's a stress relief.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
stayed home today caus' my throat infection still hurts like hell. tack that onto three nights of really crappy sleep and it's a recipe for not going to the office. I wish I could work at home though, caus' I have a lot of stuff to do. Maybe I'll go in this afternoon...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I dropped off sleepy Mariko at school this morning at her request, then dropped off the 8 unwanted/variously worn used all seasons from the two vehicles at Discount Tire. I got the recycling fee waived through some combination of pointing out that two tires were in great shape and, probably more significantly, that I'd laid down $$$ for 8 9 new Nokians at Discount Tire over the past year.

Photos of the family from yesterday, a few days early of Yuna's true 5 month-day but both more convenient and the only way possible since I'm renting my camera body Tues-Fri:

I even bust out the tripod so that my hairy mug could make an appearance!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I had the revelation today that I need to have commemorative Koozies made for a ride I always do on the 1st Saturday in November. They shall be inscribed with the saying "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning" with the ride name and year on the other side.

...10 miles with 2K feet of climbing. After not riding enough this year to call myself a cyclist that hurt. :dead:
You live here now. There are no sub-2K rides. SIUP.

...Texas Ridge...
You're welcome. But also, my invite must have gone to the spam folder? WTF?

White Ranch from the bottom all the way to the tippity top. Upper Mustang -> Sawmill ->Maverick -> Longhorn -> Whippletree.
Quality. Perhaps we can let the whining from earlier slide.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Excellent bike ride with the hubby Saturday, got turned around a bit and biked some trails we had not before! It was good!
Getting a cold. Life experience tells me that either tomorrow or the next day there is a high probability of not being able to function. Rest and good nutrition shall be had in an effort to halt that process!

Work is nuts. Resealing and striping a parking lot with 2,000 stalls and full buildings is pretty intense! Dude restriped the parking lot so terribly that a mini cooper had its wheels OUTSIDE the lines. :crazy: Yes you read that right.:rofl: The company has all their staff out to paint black over it, reseal (again), and restripe again to standard.
Plus we've got big wigs on site. Another day flies by! :pilot::neo:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
People had to drive me around today. It was awesome. All day long at my whim and mercy. I do appreciate not having to take the Bus.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Went and rode this afternoon. Twas slippery as snot. Then got a text on the way home, asking if I wanted to ride. Sure! Two rides in one day, plus beers and wings. I'm officially cooked.

I also broke a spoke on my back wheel today. Should be good to keep riding?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
drinking beers.
e-bantering about the unrideability of bikes.
ate sushi.
prepping to bid on a painting at auction tomorrow for work.
planning a deep woods mountain ride for thursday.
windows are wide open and it feels damn good.
le sighhhhhh.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
no no, it's not complicated at all. You just need to identify the right length and type of spoke (the shop should be able to do that for you - you need to match length, and butting). Then you pull the old spoke out of the flange, stuff the new spoke in (observe the adjacent spokes to make sure you repeat the over and under sequence), thread the new spoke in the nipple and bob's your uncle.

For one spoke, you might want to use a little blue loc-tite to make sure it stays properly tensioned, but there's a lot of divergence of opinion on the use of loctite on nipples, so I'll let others with more knowledge than me correct me if I'm wrong.

Honestly, it's not rocket science....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
For one spoke, you might want to use a little blue loc-tite to make sure it stays properly tensioned, but there's a lot of divergence of opinion on the use of loctite on nipples, so I'll let others with more knowledge than me correct me if I'm wrong.
never use loctite on spokes. ever. spoke prep is good, i personally use linseed oil.