Quantcast

Montana boys

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
NotQuiteJdm said:
Is there any good riding around there? I might come up in the spring or summer (Hamilton)
Your coming to Hamilton Montana? There is a 23 mile DH about 40-50 miles away. Plus, Missoula is about 40 miles away with a sweet 10 mile DH and tons of trails. There are lots of trail right in Hamilton but you have to turn around when you hit the Wilderness line.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Give me a shout when you get a set date to be in Hamilton. I have been meaning to ride Overwhich Falls Trail in that area, thats the 23 DH.

Any other Montana riders?????

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
They make about $8-16$ depending on the place. Pay rates in MT suck. I could make about $10 more and hour if I moved to WA. They are opening a Walgreens in Kalispell and Missoula and need techs real bad. Only one tech applied for the job in Kalispell and I think they need 4 or 5. I just talked with Walgreens a few days ago. Its hard to get a job in Missoula since the Pharmacy and Pharmacy Tech Schools are there but Kalispell and Whitefish rock. Plus Fernie is only about 70 miles away. Are you a tech? PM me

Kanter said:
They make about $8-16$ depending on the place. Pay rates in MT suck. I could make about $10 more and hour if I moved to WA. They are opening a Walgreens in Kalispell and Missoula and need techs real bad. Only one tech applied for the job in Kalispell and I think they need 4 or 5. I just talked with Walgreens a few days ago. Its hard to get a job in Missoula since the Pharmacy and Pharmacy Tech Schools are there but Kalispell and Whitefish rock. Plus Fernie is only about 70 miles away. Are you a tech? PM me
No I wish...

I was in the Navy for 4 years, been taking my pre-req's(just finished my associate) for nursing. I'm looking at nursing school, x-ray tech, & apprenticeships now. The medical field is slammed with egar students so if you don't hold a 3.8+ you ain't getting into any program. I'm trying to look into other avenue's and remembered your a pharmacist. My ultimate goal is to get back to MT with a job. At this point, I'm looking at all options...

They have a program at the two year school up there for paramedicine. However, seems like paramedics get the shaft for pay considering the amount of info and work they do. I love that area your in, we visited it last summer and I wanted to move right away. It sucks that MT has such a weak economy, however, at the same time that's what makes MT so great, no greedy jerks from the city live there. Man I miss it :heart:

Bikecrasher

Monkey
Sep 24, 2002
Tacoma, Wa
I spend a lot of time in Whitefish thanks to my relatives. In fact I just got back last night. Have ridden Spencer and Big Mt in the summer, but nothing else. The last couple of times I was there I had noticed a house right at the Big Mountain turn off on Wisconsin that has some ghetto looking stunts in the yard. Anybody you know Kanter?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
No, Ill have to check. I thought I knew most of the riders. If they are getto, maybe thats why. ;)

Jou

Monkey
May 16, 2004
Powell/Laramie, Wyoming
For you guys around the billings area, Nate Schnaze(sp?) from the bike shop who's name i can't remember is trying to set up a circuit for DH this year, and red lodge is going to try and have 4 races this year.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I have raced with Nate a few times. Nice guy. I haven't talked to him for 2 years. Wow, he still works at the bike shop.

Bike_junky

Chimp
Feb 14, 2004
Hey,
Yeah Im still Here at the Bike Shop!
If anyone wants to ride, Ive got a few sweet spots.
Just let me Know!
Plus, YES Red Lodge will have 4 races this year, with a 5th possibly down south in WY! (Let Rick at Absoroka Bikes know you wanna have a WY Race) Were working hard to get some good prizes for the series and the races will be set up and run MUCH MORE SMOOTHLY this year!!!!

Email me at the shop if you need info have suggestions or Wanna Ride !

www.bikeshopbillings.com

info@bikeshopbillings.com

Later,
Nate

Jou

Monkey
May 16, 2004
Powell/Laramie, Wyoming
There's definatly the 5 or 6 of his that always want to ride, hope some other people would be willing to come to WY for a race though. Theres also some fun FR at the coarse we built N of powell.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Nate, remember me. I use to race with ya every once in awhile in Missoula and Big Mountain. I use to ride the ol 2000 Big Hit on 24s and I was thinking about getting a Foes FLY. I got the Fly!!! The other guy I use to race with, Garth, on the Intense Uzzi doesnt ride anymore. Post all races on here and Ill get a crew together and make your races if we can. I live in Kalispell now. Fernie is a sweet place to ride and real close. If you can make it up this summer we should ride Fernie. I have a place for ya to crash too. PM me you number and Ill give ya a ring.

Bike_junky

Chimp
Feb 14, 2004
The DH is AWSOME!
Our courses are some of the most technical courses out there!
We booted the Chick that was running everything and now its being run by people who know what makes a race flow smoothly
keep in touch with me and Ill let you know about ride/build days, maybe you can get a sneek peek at the courses

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
How does it compare to Deadmans in Missoula? What are winning times? Any uphill sections at all? I heard fom a few guys the course had a lot of pedaling and an uphill section. Im sure its a different course now if you have any say so.. hu?

Bike_junky

Chimp
Feb 14, 2004
There isnt one up hill section in any of our courses! We Started making new courses in 2003 up on the Redlodge MTN Ski area! The courses arent as long as deadmans but definatly a ton more twisty and with lots of rock sections and a few jumps and step ups and downs. Times are usually in the 3 to 4 min range but at our races you get two runs! If I remember the GPS right, we have around 900 vertical feet descent if just over 2 miles! I might be a little long on the distance though. if you want I can send some pics from last years course (Half Rabbit)

Bike_junky

Chimp
Feb 14, 2004
OH BTW we have 2 courses on the MTN, and just found a new section of RLM owned property that might allow us to start higher up on the MTN without worries of US forest service shut downs!
If things go right, This series will be able to run on 3 separate courses so its new every time!

Later
Nate

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
So is it combined time or best time of the 2 runs? Post pics here. There are a few guys on RM from Kalispell and Missoula. Ill try and make at least one of the races.

I just checked and I only work the July 9th weekend. Ill try and get a crew together and make it to your races.

Jou

Monkey
May 16, 2004
Powell/Laramie, Wyoming
I dont have any pics of the trail, but i used to have a video of sam hitting the first jump(through the trees and to the top of the hill), and plowing into the tree. Hilarious.