Quantcast

Montana riding???

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
A couple coworkers and I are planning on heading to Montana for a week to do some riding (and other outdoor stuff that isn't nearly as important as riding). We are planning on staying at some mountain/ski resort whose name I can't remember.

In general, how would you say the riding would me in Montana at a nice ski resort? I'll try to get the name of it soon to get more info. Thanks.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
OK...I'm dislexic... I saw your profile said you were in CA, and I thought you were asking about MONTARA, not Montana, and I was like "Uh... there are no ski places near Montara. though it would be cool to get a lift put in there. ;) "

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Montara? I've never been there. Is it close to BFE?

How cool would it be to ski lift at your favorite downhill run. Proposals have been made for a gondola system at Madonna (hill, mountain, whatever) here in San Luis. Granted it has been denied every time, it would be cool nontheless.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
There is tons of epic rides in Montana. There are not many Ski areas that allow biking yet. I think Big Sky and Big Mountain are the only 2. I live in Kalispell and there are some great rides in the area. I am from Missoula and the riding in Misssoula is some of the best offered in Montana. Give me an email if you are in Missoula or Kalispell and I will show you some places to ride.... There are tons of long shuttle for 20+ mile DHs in Missoula and some 10+ mile DHs in Kalispell.