Quantcast

Montana Thread

discombob

Chimp
May 23, 2006
A, A
Hello Montanans... anyone out here on RM?

I'm looking forward to a great season of oh-so-relaxing DH at Big Sky and epic XC across the state (and perhaps other states) and would like to meet some others who feel the same.

Please shout out if you're from Montana and what your bike plans are this summer!

discombob

Chimp
May 23, 2006
A, A
Don't have any pictures at the moment, but I'll start a format...

Real world handle: Brad Alexander
Time on earth: 27.79 years
Place on earth: Billings, MT
Rides I roll: Giant Trance & Iron Horse Sunday
Where I roll: The trail I'm on at a particular moment is basically my favorite.
The way I roll: Usually flowy and relaxed with the occasional DH crash to spice things up.
What I quaff: Rejuvelac, green smoothies, filtered water.
Day job: digital print technician & sign designer.
Smoke/Drink: 1-beer-max and very rarely.

I basically have very few people to ride with right now and it's sad... because I'm really excited about summer!

So... I'm just lurking a bit and seeing who's online at the forums - there aren't any Montana MTB meetup.com groups, are there? Anyone interested in starting one?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Kalispell here. We ride Fernie and Whitefish for Dh/Fr. Kalispell has the XC. We ride it all. I look forward to Big Sky this year.

Went on my first road ride today!! I only did 22-23 miles but it felt GOOD.

discombob

Chimp
May 23, 2006
A, A
Yeah, I'll be there the nearest weekend to opening day, too! Let's coordinate a meetup when the time comes near...

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Let me know when it opens and the conditions are good. Its been raining and snowing here, but the snow is melting. Ive been road riding a lot. Keep in touch.

If you like resort riding, you have to try Fernie.

sad panda

Monkey
May 5, 2005
Moving to Montana at the end of the month. Cooke City to be specific. That's right... Cooke City.
I'm down with DH/Freeride (looking for any races nearby) and trail riding. I will also be spending most weekends down in the Jackson, WY area.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Don't have any pictures at the moment, but I'll start a format...

Real world handle: Brad Alexander

Day job: digital print technician & sign designer.
?
If your looking for extra let me know, I have stuff that needs to be done all the time and can email files etcc. I do digital printing, wraps, signs etc...............and alot more................... Here in california and half the time dont have time to do layouts. I dont ride in the NW now as I reside in So cal again but Kanter is cool as well as a couple of others and tyler from (twenty6 products) rides, look up his site and give him a shout out!
Do the Beacon Bomber as well in Spokane, Its a blast. You can venture to Tamarack and Brundage as well and Slate creek has epic single trac (bring GPS) if you get to N. Idaho and courdelane is AMAZING as far as the riding (DH/FR/All MTN/XC) Best kept secrets are there.

giantrider89

Monkey
Oct 16, 2006
P-town, MN
Im here at MSU bozeman.....

i think biking at big sky is a LONG way off....im still going skiing there on thursday! and there should be a lot of snow still.....a bit over 100" still......

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I did a 35 mile road ride yesterday and then woke up to 2-3" of snow this morning and its still snowing. This is starting to suck.

venom600

Chimp
May 2, 2008
Bozeman
I'm in Bozeman and my bike plans for the summer are to ride the **** out of my bike. :D

Planning on a couple 'o trips to Big Sky here and there, provided they sort out the lift situation. I'd like to start building some more FR oriented stuff closer to town though.