Quantcast

Monthly beer store trip

Can't find any good brews locally where I live so I am off on my monthly beer store trip today... I've got a list of what to look for but wanted you guys to give some suggestions. Here is what is on my list so far:

Trappist Westvleteren
Chimay - blue or red
Unibroue - maybe Trois Pistole
SN Celebration
Troegs Mad Elf
Rogue Choc Stout
Fullers London Porter
Founders Breakfast
Three Floyds Dark Lord

and I'll be picking up a couple of the old stand-bys :

Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout
Troegs Oatmeal Stout
Rogue Dead Guy Ale

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
yeah I was able to get grants perfect porter here. There is a store in Rochester called Beers of the world, they have a couple thousand kinds of beer or something absurd like that with pretty much any beer I want.

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
caboverpete said:
Can't find any good brews locally where I live so I am off on my monthly beer store trip today... I've got a list of what to look for but wanted you guys to give some suggestions. Here is what is on my list so far:

Trappist Westvleteren
Chimay - blue or red
Unibroue - maybe Trois Pistole
SN Celebration
Troegs Mad Elf
Rogue Choc Stout
Fullers London Porter
Founders Breakfast
Three Floyds Dark Lord

and I'll be picking up a couple of the old stand-bys :

Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout
Troegs Oatmeal Stout
Rogue Dead Guy Ale
If you are going to buy a Unibroue-Trois Pistole, buy 2. Drink one soon enough and keep the other one for 2 to 5 years. You cannot believe how tasty the unibroue beers are when they are old. I have the luxury to have a friend, working for unibroue, that has most years of their beer. The unibroue are like wine, the older the better.

Good luck and let us know in a couple of year if it was true or if I just wasted your time.

Well they didnt have everything I wanted so this is what I ended up with:

SN Celebration
Fullers Porter
Troegs Mad Elf
Avery Ellie's Brown Ale
Yard Brewing Tavern Porter
Unibroue Trois Pistole
Rogue Hazlenut Brown
Left Hand Milk Stout
Anchor Porter
Dogfish Head Raison D'Etre

Not a bad haul... still had 6 Troegs Oatmeals and couple Dogfish Punkin Ales so these new ones should fill out the beer fridge nicely.