Quantcast

Montreux train shuttling (Switzerland)

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Friends and I ride this spot all the time. You take a train from the lake down in Montreux up to a little over 2000 meters and then it is up to you to find the singletracks. I know of four different ways down and I just started using Google Earth to find others. Here are some pics.

The runs are almost 2000 vertical meters of singletrack heaven.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Nice, I was there last summer but we didn't take the train up cause we were in a bit of a hurry to Martigny.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I was supposed to go there last Sunday, but my bottom bracket is stuffed. Went out pit-biking instead.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Nice pictures. I in Lausanne last year visiting some friends and rode along the lake, through the vinyards to Montreux & took the train back. Next time I'm out, I'd love to do some offroad riding. I really enjoyed the public transit in Switzerland.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
This spot is a 15 minute drive from Montreux and is also accessed by a public train. There are over 10 different trails here. Most people that ride there a lot only know 3 of them.

a bit dark but oh well...

small road gap

same road gap but on a different bike

Mythic trail

Anyone know what this spot is called? It looks like some of you have been to the area.