Quantcast

MoonPies

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
ahhhh....Moonpies. Sooooo goood. :drool:
I guess you have to have a Southern palate to enjoy a Moonpie. And chocolate is the ONLY flavor.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Snacks said:
Must be an East Coat thing, cause I have never seen them over here.

Might be more of a southern thang... Moon Pies are BIG around these parts.

Some Mardi Gras Krewes even use them as throws during parades...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
TN said:
ahhhh....Moonpies. Sooooo goood. :drool:
I guess you have to have a Southern palate to enjoy a Moonpie. And chocolate is the ONLY flavor.
Do you deep fry them? I bet they would be better deep fried.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
The only thing better than a moon pie is a Whoopie pie bought from the Amish in PA.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Westy said:
Do you deep fry them? I bet they would be better deep fried.
damn straight. smear it with crisco first, then batter & deep fat fry it & dont forget to put powdered sugar on it too. :dead:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Snacks said:
Must be an East Coat thing, cause I have never seen them over here.
I had only heard of them from watching "Unwrapped" on FoodTV. MBC and I saw them in a Vermont country store this past weekend, so I had to buy a box.

Maybe the awfulness of it had to do with the fact that the ones I bought had expired in November. But MBC contacted the store and they are sending us a fresh box.

I used to eat Scooter Pies when I was a kid. I don't know if they are made anymore, but they are the same idea.

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
I Are Baboon said:
Maybe the awfulness of it had to do with the fact that the ones I bought had expired in November. But MBC contacted the store and they are sending us a fresh box.
You must've gotten a bad batch, because moonpies don't go bad. Kinda like twinkies.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Lol. They stock them at the stores out here but they're on the shelves that aren't quite so mainstraim with products like Reeses and Butterfingers and what not. From time to time they're pretty good. :)

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
Mrs. Quick (Cloris Leachman):
"You're welcome! Now run along, and spend your money on penny whistles and moon pies!"
Bart Simpson:
"Moon pie...moon pie....I'd like to moon pie her!"

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I Are Baboon said:
So what do MoonPies normally cost? We paid $5.95 for a dozen. Seems kind of steep, but then again it's only $6. $3 sounds more realistic.
They are usually around $0.50 around these parts in your local Quickie Mart/Gas station

If you bought in that much quantity, I would recommend freezing a few. mmmmmmmmm :drool: :oink: :drool: :oink:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Is that marshmellow in the middle of the cracker looking things?

Banana?

Yesterday after riding, Skookum and I came across a burger joint that was serving rainbow trout sandwiches :nope:

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
splat said:
when I used to live in Texas , there was a place that used to cook Hamburgers by deep frying them. and I have also herd of them Deep frying Ice Cream!!!
You can get deep fried ice cream at almost any mexican restaurant.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
splat said:
when I used to live in Texas , there was a place that used to cook Hamburgers by deep frying them. and I have also herd of them Deep frying Ice Cream!!!
There is a place in Jersey, the Rutt's Hut that deep fries hot dogs. With their relish very very tasty.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I tried deep frying a block of bologna once, it just kind of dissolved in the oil.
Deep frying bacon is the best, because everything you fry with the same oil ends up tasting like bacon.

I also tried frying a can of beer once. I wouldn't recommend this unless you have the proper safety equipment and the local burn clinic on call.

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
Snacks said:
Is that marshmellow in the middle of the cracker looking things?

Banana?
Yep. A moonpie is marshmellow sandwiched between vanilla cookies and then dipped in either vanilla, banana, or chocloate glaze. :love:

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I Are Baboon said:
So what do MoonPies normally cost? We paid $5.95 for a dozen. Seems kind of steep, but then again it's only $6. $3 sounds more realistic.
3 for a dollar on sale here.

They dont go bad, but a fresh one rocks the hizzy.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
There are two Southern staples I simply cannot tolerate- MoonPies are one and cheap beer is the other.

BTW, I know a place that still sells RC in the big, thick returnable 16ozers. Mmmmmmmmmm.

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Even grosser than Moon Pies are the ones made by the brand Hinky Dink. I think they were called Big Town Pies. I bought them once when I lived in Farmville, VA. (I was trying to assimilate so I ate crap like that and wore Dickies pants.)

The packaging ought to read:
"With marshmallows like cement."
"Crumbles the hell all over the place."