Quantcast

more 888

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
What springs come in it stock and what weight rider are they ment for?

What other springs are available and which springs for a 200-210 rider for DH and some FR?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by Kanter
What springs come in it stock and what weight rider are they ment for?

What other springs are available and which springs for a 200-210 rider for DH and some FR?
Stock are about a 185 max, some heavier riders have changed the preload with good results. I went with the heavier spring change, but then lost 20lbs since then, I'm @ 185 now and with the heavier springs it still feels perfect.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Im 175 and it feels perfect for me. I have only bottomed it out one time. I just clicked the compressiona few more turns and have not bottomed it out since.

I have never opened mine. Where is the preload set stock?

What springs are available and what does it come with?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Im 175 and it feels perfect for me. I have only bottomed it out one time. I just clicked the compressiona few more turns and have not bottomed it out since.

I have never opened mine. Where is the preload set stock?

What springs are available and what does it come with?
Should be in the middle for factory.

Soul Rider

Chimp
Mar 18, 2004
Santa Clarita, Ca.
There are 3 different spring rates. The stock rate (3.2kg - #5141293) is for riders up to 180lbs (aprox.) There is a softer rate (2.7kg - #5141304) which if both springs are used is a set-up for something around 120-140lb riders. The firm rate works for the big kids (3.5kg - #5141305) this is good for 200+. All of these springs can be used as pairs or you can spilt the rates and get something in between, ie, 1-3.2kg &1-3.5kg would be for riders around 190-200.

The other thing that can help the spring rate and progression of the fork is oil hieght. The maximum oil hieght is 180mm from the top of the stanchion to the top of the oil, fully compressed, springs removed.

If you want to change your springs we highly recommend purchasing a set of 8mm shaft soft jaw clamps. Without this tool you will more than likely damage your fork. We do not cover damage from dis-assembly;) .

Cheers and beers!!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
You said that the maximum oil height is 180mm from the top.
What is the normal oil height, or how much oil is needed for a stock setup. The reason I ask is because my fork is perfectly setup for me right now. So, down the road when I do an oil change, I want to keep it the same.
I weigh 172, and I have one click down of the preload. I have bottomed it twice since I got it on very hard hits, so it seems to be setup just right.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
You said that the maximum oil height is 180mm from the top.What is the normal oil height, or how much oil is needed for a stock setup. The reason I ask is because my fork is perfectly setup for me right now. So, down the road when I do an oil change, I want to keep it the same.
I weigh 172, and I have one click down of the preload. I have bottomed it twice since I got it on very hard hits, so it seems to be setup just right

bump. I would like to know too.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Zoke tech is a joke. You can call them 10 times and get 5 different answers. I am so tired of it. I dont want to open my fork up. I just want to know where the preload is set stock. Zoke tells me "middle" stock. Then if you call back a week later they say "top" stock. Then call them again and they say "middle". Which is it? Also I have asked them on oil height stock. I have been told 180.... 200... 180... 200... So which is it?

I have talked with a lot of people leaning away from Zoke recently because of their CS and lack of knowledge. Plus I have had a lot of buddys having problems with their Z150s and Z150SLs. Whats up?

So 210 ccs and/or 180 mm from the top right? So can anyone tell me what stock preload is? I really dont want to open the fork up just yet.

Is Golden Spectro 7.5 stock?

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
I was under the impression that 180 was the stock height, and the raised heigth being 170......

yes it is a 7.5 wt.....

both of the 888's I have opened have been set at the top most or least amount of preload setting......

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Thanks. That is what I thought too. Zoke told me the middle setting today and the top setting last week. A few others have said the top also. Thanks again.

To add oil, do you have to take the springs out or can you just take the caps off and add oil?

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Thanks. That is what I thought too. Zoke told me the middle setting today and the top setting last week. A few others have said the top also. Thanks again.

To add oil, do you have to take the springs out or can you just take the caps off and add oil?
you can add oil, but you wont be able to measure... you'll need to remove the springs and compress the fork to get the accurate oil heigth measurement.

I very seriously doubt it'd hurt anything dumpin a cap full in each leg.....

Oct 1, 2001
Michigan
Zoke tech is a joke. You can call them 10 times and get 5 different answers. I am so tired of it. I dont want to open my fork up. I just want to know where the preload is set stock. Zoke tells me "middle" stock. Then if you call back a week later they say "top" stock. Then call them again and they say "middle". Which is it? Also I have asked them on oil height stock. I have been told 180.... 200... 180... 200... So which is it?

I have talked with a lot of people leaning away from Zoke recently because of their CS and lack of knowledge. Plus I have had a lot of buddys having problems with their Z150s and Z150SLs. Whats up?

So 210 ccs and/or 180 mm from the top right? So can anyone tell me what stock preload is? I really dont want to open the fork up just yet.

Is Golden Spectro 7.5 stock?
I just pulled my new 888r apart last weekend. The preload setting was at the very top (least amount of preload). I'd be surprised if they are running Golden Spectro as the stock oil, as it's a high-end, and fairly expensive, oil. I couldn't get a good measurement on the oil height, as I didn't remove the springs. I spoke with Marzocchi yesterday to get another spring and asked what the stock oil height setting should be and was told 180mm.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I dont want to measure the oil height. I just have been thinking of adding a cap of oil to each leg. I dont know if I want to open the thing up though. It works great now but I have bottomed it a few times. I turned up the compression a few clicks and haven't bottomed it out again, yet.

I called Zoke and they said Golden Spectro 7.5 is stock.

Did changing the preload affect any of the small bump sensitivity?

What all did you notice in performance difference?

Did it quiet the fork down a little?

What preload setting has everyone been running on the stock springs?