Quantcast

more about COQROC

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I just saw an extended version of "Bob Your Head". It is very much like a verite documentary of a band.

Just after seeing my favorite artist today, Hank 3, this commercial reminded me strongly about the live concert environment, particularily the standing around before the band comes out.

I also laughed at the obvious but g-rated attempts at female exploitation, like the 5 groupies waking up with the lead singer ("Fowl Mouth", according to the website). I also noticed they were all clothed and there was no physical contact at all. There was also no drugs or alcohol present, although plenty of BK wrappers.

I really dislike seeing the things I like being co-opted. The worse part is that this fake band is almost like the real thing.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
sanjuro said:
I really dislike seeing the things I like being co-opted. The worse part is that this fake band is almost like the real thing.
This fake band is better than alot of real bands.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
H8R said:
This fake band is better than alot of real bands.
It is better if you don't anything about music. I rather see a bunch of teenagers playing in their garage than the brainchild of BK's advertising firm...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
sanjuro said:
It is better if you don't anything about music. I rather see a bunch of teenagers playing in their garage than the brainchild of BK's advertising firm...
I don't know anything about music.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
H8R said:
I don't know anything about music.
I guess not. Or do just you have horrible taste in music? I know plenty of musicians who do. Of course, because they can play a chord or pound a beat, they think they know something...

I know something about music. And anyone who listens at Coqroq and doesn't want to puke has got a problem.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
sanjuro said:
I guess not. Or do just you have horrible taste in music? I know plenty of musicians who do. Of course, because they can play a chord or pound a beat, they think they know something...

I know something about music. And anyone who listens at Coqroq and doesn't want to puke has got a problem.
Go back and read my post. "Better than alot of real bands."

What does that sentence mean to you?

You take all this way too seriously.

For the record, Coq Roq kicks the sh8t out of say Nickelback or Staind, which is the kinda thing I was talking about.

But thank you anyway for your indirect insults.

:)

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
sanjuro said:
Oh man, ain't THAT the truth! I'm with ya on that one...

and this has NOTHING to do with H8R cuz I have no idea if he's a good musician, what he listens to, or what he likes, so I would just like to make that disclaimer very clear before he attacks me...

you're quite sassy sanjuro...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
dh girlie said:
Oh man, ain't THAT the truth! I'm with ya on that one...

and this has NOTHING to do with H8R cuz I have no idea if he's a good musician, what he listens to, or what he likes, so I would just like to make that disclaimer very clear before he attacks me...

you're quite sassy sanjuro...
I FULLY agree that there are many (most?) musicians that think they are god's gift to musical taste. Incidently, they form bands that suck!

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
chicodude01 said:
It's chicken fries DUMBASS

:D

Whateva, it was a commercial and I was paying attention to bad metal cliches more than product ;) :nuts:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
H8R said:
Go back and read my post. "Better than alot of real bands."

What does that sentence mean to you?

You take all this way too seriously.

For the record, Coq Roq kicks the sh8t out of say Nickelback or Staind, which is the kinda thing I was talking about.

But thank you anyway for your indirect insults.

:)
I figured if I wrote something asinine, you would respond with something besides a stupid one-liner.

For the record I have no idea what kind of music taste you have, but I figured it would get your goat by combining the separate ideas that you play an instrument with bad music taste.

And yes, there are plenty of bad bands out there. For example, I think Coqroq is as catchy as Green Day, for example. But this is reminds me of what Iggy Pop has said about use of many of his songs in TV commercials: "I don't care if they use my songs to sell sausages. I didn't write them originally with commercial intent."

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
sanjuro said:
For the record I have no idea what kind of music taste you have,
I pretty much listen to German Hip Hop exclusively.

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
sanjuro said:
The Polish is better...
Seriously, have you ever heard German hip hop? Talk about "lost in translation".

It's hilarious.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
H8R said:
Seriously, have you ever heard German hip hop? Talk about "lost in translation".

It's hilarious.
My friend married a Polish woman, and he played me a bunch of songs. I have no idea what they are sayin but considering my friend really likes rap, I figure there must be something there.

Lets agree ex communist bloc rap music is better than COQROQ....

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
DRB said:
Bob Your Head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Someone posts a .gif of Hasselhoff's perpetually approaching crotch, and you impulsively scream out, "Bob your head".....

Eww.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
If you replace the words "bob your head" with "shave your junk" the song is much better.

:evil: