Quantcast

More Artsy Stuff, Starring the Nekkid Girl gone wild...Shrymp

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
okie dokie... here we go...

We'll call this a collaboration between Heathers.

This lil piece o work here is a depiction of Shrymp at Sea Otter. Orven took the pic, which I based this bit of work off of.

Shrymp was kind enough to share some wisdom with me (instead of thinking I was a freaky @ss stalker type and putting a restraining order on me when I started asking her questions), so I could incorporate something that I believe shows a facet of her character...

I'll stop talking now.

ok

It was done in Illustrator.
And it was fun.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
MudGrrl said:
vectors.

all vectors, layers of vectors, transparent vectors, gradient vectors...
it's kind of tedious and therapeutic all at the same time.
I'd shop your "work";) to some MTB publications if I were you. Dirt Rag is the worst art direction wise, but there are many others that could use some strong vector art in their pages! That is if you want deadlines and pressure, and that may take some of the fun out of it...

Again, nice work!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
What the heck is a vector in relation to a graphic, the only thing I know about them gives me flashbacks to Calc III.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Westy said:
What the heck is a vector in relation to a graphic, the only thing I know about them gives me flashbacks to Calc III.
Vector artwork is scalable artwork. It's a graphic that is defined by points in relation to each other. If MudGrrl's work is purely vectors, that image will look exactly the same blown up to billboard size as it does at this size.

It basically defines the points as being X distance at X angle away from the point next to it, so it redraws itself when you blow it up. You could think of it as if you were drawing a geometric shape - if you know the angles of the shape, you can draw the exact same shape ten feet wide or ten millimeters wide.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Some of the work is even more photographic these days as software improves, but a lot of the stuff can almost look like cut paper shapes. Very bold and very tasty!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stinkyboy said:
I'd shop your "work";) to some MTB publications if I were you. Dirt Rag is the worst art direction wise, but there are many others that could use some strong vector art in their pages!
I personally think MBA has the word art direction and page layout.

But, I agree with Stinky (wait, did I just say that?!?) that this is mag. worthy. Awesome work!!!! :thumb:

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
I appreciate everyone's comments.

Maybe, when I build up enough mtb type work, I'll look around for the extra money...

I'm not in a rush right now, and this is fun.

Seriously, though, I used to hate Illustrator with a passion.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
That is so cool! I am just using photoshop for graphics now. I need Illustrator.

Is there a free downloadable version like gimp to photoshop.