Quantcast

More astana is screwed news:

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Just to be a little more fair, the guy they are bringing on was (as I understand it) the DS for Festina after the scandal. So he was their guy to clean things up.

Also, don't know if you guys saw, but it looks like Zubeldia is staying at Astana...which indicates that Contador will be there as well. If they can get invites, I am kind of looking forward to it. Contador is so strong it's hard to beat him in a Grand Tour; maybe with a weaker team and director, he will have to fight more and make the race more interesting. The course, however, does seem to suit him pretty well- lots of climbing, no team TT.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Just to be a little more fair, the guy they are bringing on was (as I understand it) the DS for Festina after the scandal. So he was their guy to clean things up.

Also, don't know if you guys saw, but it looks like Zubeldia is staying at Astana...which indicates that Contador will be there as well. If they can get invites, I am kind of looking forward to it. Contador is so strong it's hard to beat him in a Grand Tour; maybe with a weaker team and director, he will have to fight more and make the race more interesting. The course, however, does seem to suit him pretty well- lots of climbing, no team TT.
I know its the guy that came in in 99... still sounds like sh!t, I chuckled when I read it.

As for the course... yeah it really does suit him well. Will make for an interesting tour... hope Lance is working on getting his old climbing legs back cuz he's going to need them.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I wonder if Astana gets invited to the Tour if they'll be able to bring Vino?

Mr. Hankey

Monkey
May 13, 2007
Ohio
I hope so I like to watch Vino. I don't care what the man did. The last couple stages that man made had heart, I don't care if it was at the expense of blood doping. It was an amazing performance. I do agree though I think Astana is destined for disaster.