Quantcast

More dead celebrities...

Do ya care?

• Celebrity deaths ruin my life...I mourn for years.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell no.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Bacon

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Loco sucks

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
So the Frau is all torn up about Princess Leias death, and the subsequent death of her mother. I am not trying to be cold and unfeeling, but I could really care less when a celebrity dies. Especially one who has accelerated the process through the abuse of drugs, alcohol and other contaminants. I am more upset about the deaths of 4K+ US sons and daughters and the deaths of FSM knows how many Iraqi and Afghani civilians, not to mention the deaths of Allied troops, in the illegal wars started by the Shrub which will surely be carried on by Orange Foolius. Celebrities dont mourn for us little people when we die...why do we mourn for them? Those who have talent and seek/find stardom yet are dumb enough to habitually abuse themselves and not smart enough to surround themselves with smart people who will pull back on the reins when they get going too fast...sorry, but Darwin wins.

Now a truly tragic death (Stevie Ray Vaughn gets clean and sober, yet dies in a helo crash after a dream show...) I will confess to mourning...but I am not wearing sackcloth and ashes.

So the Monkey ?? is...do ya care?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I had a ticket to the Clapton show at Alpine Valley, when SRV's helicopter crashed. My brother and 3-4 friends were all at that show. I sold my ticket to a buddy because of something else I can't even remember. #coolstorybro

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Those who have talent and seek/find stardom yet are dumb enough to habitually abuse themselves and not smart enough to surround themselves with smart people who will pull back on the reins when they get going too fast...sorry, but Darwin wins.
You will never meet someone with a lot of talent who does not have some sort of underlying issue that often manifests itself with drug and alcohol abuse. Depression and a whole host of other mental illness is often the price of having talent.

There are also a lot of expectations placed on those with natural abilities. The pressure to succeed in the arts is just as intense as it is in any other profession. But a lot of us are not equipped to deal with it and eventually implode.

What you are suggesting is at best optimistic and certainly not how it really works. I've been involved in the art world most of my life and have experienced this sort of thing countless times.

Think of it this way; you probably get a little bent when someone spouts off about how PTSD is bullshit and they should just suck it up. You know it's not the Vets fault, just something he/she has to deal with. And plenty of Vets develop addiction problems and it's not that there was no one to "pull back on the reins", it's just that when you reach a certain point of depression, you can't see the light. It truly is a vast, bleak, darkness that seems inescapable.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I am more concerned about my supermarket sushi as I now suspect the "sushi grade" salmon has been died to make it look "fresh" behind the counter, when you peel it back you can see that it has stained the sticky rice. I also think they have cut the wasabi with something less tasty... I still ate it though.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I am more concerned about my supermarket sushi as I now suspect the "sushi grade" salmon has been died to make it look "fresh" behind the counter, when you peel it back you can see that it has stained the sticky rice. I also think they have cut the wasabi with something less tasty... I still ate it though.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I don't have access to real sushi!!! The only sushi bar in town caught fire in early December... I suspect it may have been a planned fire as they have made no progress towards reopening. These are struggles I deal with daily therefore no time for celebrity death.
"real sushi in Montana" <- :confused:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
So the Frau is all torn up about Princess Leias death, and the subsequent death of her mother. I am not trying to be cold and unfeeling, but I could really care less when a celebrity dies. Especially one who has accelerated the process through the abuse of drugs, alcohol and other contaminants. I am more upset about the deaths of 4K+ US sons and daughters and the deaths of FSM knows how many Iraqi and Afghani civilians, not to mention the deaths of Allied troops, in the illegal wars started by the Shrub which will surely be carried on by Orange Foolius. Celebrities dont mourn for us little people when we die...why do we mourn for them? Those who have talent and seek/find stardom yet are dumb enough to habitually abuse themselves and not smart enough to surround themselves with smart people who will pull back on the reins when they get going too fast...sorry, but Darwin wins.

Now a truly tragic death (Stevie Ray Vaughn gets clean and sober, yet dies in a helo crash after a dream show...) I will confess to mourning...but I am not wearing sackcloth and ashes.

So the Monkey ?? is...do ya care?
Choose Life.