Quantcast

More dentist hate

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mandown, Jun 7, 2010.

1. mandown

mandown Poopdeck Repost

Rep/Likes:
    271 / 966
    Well, I went in today and they hit me with the same stuff I always hear - you have gaps in your gumline and you need antibiotic injections and to have your wisdome teeth pulled. I paid the $300 for the antibiotic injections around the gums, which I'd been planning to do ever since I caught a nasty taste/smell about a month or two back when I slid the floss between my back teeth. I figure, once you can taste the infection, you should probably do something about it. I've also been doing some research on the impact of dental infections on the immune system, and I think I might be dealing with some fallout from the stuff between my teeth.

They also hit me with an estimate of four fillings and an overlay replacement. Two of the four fillings are on wisdom teeth that they have been after me to have removed (they aren't impacted, the dentist just believes them to be a hideout for bacteria). Turns out it is cheaper to have the teeth yanked out than it is to have the cavities filled. I think I'm going that route. Maybe I'll get lucky and a crash will knock them loose before I have to pay the dentist to yank em.

#1 -   Jun 7, 2010

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Yelo

Yelo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 1
    Just finish a dental restoration plan last week, after 5 appointment for different cavity filling, last week we removed two wisdom teeth. I must say that I didn't go to a dentist in the last 7-8 years, last time I did, they hurt me so bad I didn't want to go anymore. Did I say I hate dentist??? Anyway, after breaking a teeth lately I had to go and my regular dentist wasn't available anymore, so I had to change and I must say that things have change since the last time. Everything went well until last Thursday when he removed those two damn teeth, took him 2 hour to do the job when he had told me before that he would only need 30-45 minutes.... It hurt like hell and was even worst the next morning, it still hurt a bit if I'm not really careful when eating...

At least, I'll live!!!:weee:

#2 -   Jun 7, 2010
  3. eric strt6

eric strt6 Resident Curmudgeon

Rep/Likes:
    234 / 3,161
    Dude just go down to the USC dental school clinic. The 4th year students always need some extractions to pass their clinicals and they will do it under a teachers supervision and it should be free

#3 -   Jun 7, 2010
  4. mandown

mandown Poopdeck Repost

Rep/Likes:
    271 / 966
    now that is something to consider. :thumb:

#4 -   Jun 7, 2010
  5. spocomptonrider

spocomptonrider sportin' the CROCS

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 12
    The tags on this thread are pretty amusing. I also hate the dentist, need to go, and cannot afford to... 'Merica.

#5 -   Jun 7, 2010
  6. Ciaran

Ciaran Fear my banana

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 8
    Brush and floss your frikkin teeth people!
    :D:D:D

#6 -   Jun 7, 2010
  7. drkenan

drkenan anti-dentite

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    I've got just the guy for your dilemna....

#7 -   Jun 7, 2010
  8. narlus

narlus Eastcoast Softcore
    Staff Member

Rep/Likes:
    17 / 21
    dentists are overrated

#8 -   Jun 7, 2010
  9. SkaredShtles

SkaredShtles I love NEWCASTLE and will ONLY drink NEWCASTLE!!!!

Rep/Likes:
    249 / 1,933
    You know... that could be the same dude in 30 years. :D

#9 -   Jun 7, 2010
  10. MtnbikeMike

MtnbikeMike Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    I thought it was just a clever photoshop

11. bizutch

bizutch Delicate CUSTOM flower

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 8
    If you wake up with an imprint of this logo on your forehead, get a new dentist:

12. Knuckleslammer

Knuckleslammer took the red pill

Rep/Likes:
    7 / 0

Yeah, that's the easy part. I do that 8x a day, seriously. I have a brush and floss in my car, at work, in all bathrooms @ home. Does no good.

Here's my thought. I've been taking prilosec for about 20 years. Now I'm reading about prilosec preventing the stomach from absorbing calcium. I asked my guesser (doctor) about this and she said that there is not enough data yet to conclude calcium loss because of antacids.

But it figures that right around the time I started taking the stuff my teeth started to go to hell. I switched to zantac which works a little differently.

For your folks with gum problems. I had a fool tell me the same rubbish. Here's what I did. I brushed with peroxide and baking soda for several months and miraculously my gums were all set. The dentist said "I don't know what your doing, but keep doing it"

All they do is take an awl, poke the sh|t out of your gums, pour some chemicals on it and charge you $500 or more. Dentists are no better than you dirty car mechanics. Go in for this and "oh you need this, that and the other" BEND OVER.

13. laura

laura DH_Laura

Rep/Likes:
    3 / 14
    Frickin gross. Can you rinse with Hydrogen peroxide?

14. mandown

mandown Poopdeck Repost

Rep/Likes:
    271 / 966
    I'm still stuck on how it is cheaper to have them yanked than it is to have them patched. Can you imagine if bike tire patches were more than replacement tubes... well, I guess going tubeless would be a beter analogy.