Quantcast

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
This sounds like a perfectly good plan, which I'm sure will be perfectly executed and nothing at all will go wrong. There is no reason that you can't have a diesel truck that drives like a Lambo and hauls bikes. I say go for it....what's the worst that could happen?

Post pics.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
it's allot of boost but as long as i keep it under 40 pounds i don't need to sleeve and pin my engine and if I do it right i shouldn't blow anything up unless i'm towing. Which is why my buddy talked me out of doing too much to it. I'm just ganna go with a 3000RPM gov spring, machining the feul plate, some gauges and tuning for now
I'm looking to pick up an RV trailer. and my truck already has PBR stickers, right next to the NRA ones
Hmmmmmm, you sure you want to amp up the boost to 40 pounds? Sure sounds like your planning on towing

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Hmmmmmm, you sure you want to amp up the boost to 40 pounds? Sure sounds like your planning on towing
I didn't realize you don't wanna tow with having a ton of power. I'm just doing govoner springs, a bigger turbo housing, and a fuel plate. as well as pyro and booste gauges

ucsbMTBmember

Monkey
Nov 20, 2009
Well, thats the difference between horsepower, and torque. HP is for going fast, Torque is for pulling.
Horse power sells cars, torque wins races.
Plain and simple. Horsepower is just a number. Torque is a calculated value thats good for everything. More torque means you can get out of corners faster. Thats also why my 454 rapes the **** out of ricers.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Horse power sells cars, torque wins races.
Plain and simple. Horsepower is just a number. Torque is a calculated value thats good for everything. More torque means you can get out of corners faster. Thats also why my 454 rapes the **** out of ricers.
Agreed. My favorite car I ever had was my z28 we dropped a 427 into. Get out of corners faster, off the line faster, accelerate out of a shift faster.....

Either way, making a car fast is all about matching up the power output of your engine with the drivetrain. Good spacing in the gears in teh trans, and a matching set of gears in the rear end... All a Fine balance to be had, and alot of work to be done.

If I was really being nice to Mooshoo, I would tell him that a set of gears in the rear end would do WAY more for his truck and perceived power than the increased boost, fuel system modification, and whatever else he wants to do.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Just finished the govoner spring, so now my junk doesn't start cutting fuel at 2k. I also machined my fuel pump to a #10. Did pyro and boost guages. I'm picking up a new bed this weekend and pick n pull (the one that came with the truck has a few gnarly dents and is missing about half the paint. Apparently all white dodges do it) then for some line X. Then it's time to save for a trailer and I should have a super solid tow rig that will last for ever

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Just finished the govoner spring, so now my junk doesn't start cutting fuel at 2k. I also machined my fuel pump to a #10. Did pyro and boost guages. I'm picking up a new bed this weekend and pick n pull (the one that came with the truck has a few gnarly dents and is missing about half the paint. Apparently all white dodges do it) then for some line X. Then it's time to save for a trailer and I should have a super solid tow rig that will last for ever
has the dash caved in yet?...apparently all 12V dodges do it.

no....seriously....has it?

expect the paint to start fading on the hood also.

shame it's a 8 foot bed...the 6ft bed w/extra cab looks better.

otherwise...enjoy.

Last edited:

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
wow. The trud polishing tag is more relevant than ever. How mush did you get paid to take that off someones hands?
4500$ right around 200K, mechanically it's perfect, and there's a 1000$ clutch in it that''s 20K old. Diesels are expensive....

which dent?
is there a panel that isnt dented?[/IMG]
There's 2 small dents on the bed and the pannel behind the door was all sorts of Fed up, it looks pretty good now though

has the dash caved in yet?...apparently all 12V dodges do it.

no....seriously....has it?

expect the paint to start fading on the hood also.

shame it's a 8 foot bed...the 6ft bed w/extra cab looks better.

otherwise...enjoy.
Dash has not caved in, theres 1 small burn on the drivers seat otherwise the interior is pretty much stain free and cherry.

The other colors fade, the white chips. I like the 8 foot bed, I can put bikes in back and still have the tool box. It is a bitch and a half to park compared to the 6 foot bed

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
$4500?
Sounds a bit steep to me...
On the higher side of a fair price. Diesels hold their value like none other. Yes it has 220K on it, BUT, the thing will run a million miles. The NV4500 is pretty much indestructible, a dana 80 is going to hold up in back, and that motor is legendary. A new cummins is going to set you back 7600$ more than the gas version

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
On the higher side of a fair price. Diesels hold their value like none other. Yes it has 220K on it, BUT, the thing will run a million miles. The NV4500 is pretty much indestructible, a dana 80 is going to hold up in back, and that motor is legendary. A new cummins is going to set you back 7600$ more than the gas version
As long as it has been maintained. I think people are judging by the exterior that this truck has been beat on pretty hard, that's all.