Quantcast

more Iron Horse DW Q's

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
bigshred said:
have I missed something here? what does "DW" stand for?
I think you have missed alot if you did not catch "DW", as in DW-link, is refering to Dave Weagle.
Don't try to ask who Dave Weagle is or you'll get kicked out of RM for sure. :nuts:

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
davod said:
With the Sunday question: Downhill? What's that? All our downhill races are just parts of our xc trails. It still beats me why so many people blow $3500+(Aussie$) on a squishy DH bike when you'd probably get down faster on a hardtail because they pedal better :p
Do you live in WA or NT? If not, I don't know where you're getting the idea that our DH races are "just parts of our xc trails" - tell me that Thredbo, Mt Beauty, Mt Stanley etc are "just parts of xc trails"... they'll eat XC bikes alive!

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
davod said:
All our downhill races are just parts of our xc trails. It still beats me why so many people blow $3500+(Aussie$) on a squishy DH bike when you'd probably get down faster on a hardtail because they pedal better :p
:nuts:
Maybe ALL of YOUR trails are XC, but you surely can't be serious, right?

davod

Chimp
Jun 13, 2004
I live in NT - I'm talking about our local area, not the whole of Australia(one day I'll go to Thredbo-and find out what a real DH track looks like!).

That said there are a group of riders 'building'(It's sort of built, just not finished if you know what I mean) a dh track that should hopefully be half decent, even if it's a bit short.
Who am I to whinge anyway - I could'nt DH for peanuts!

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
i wonder if ska todd will send RM and dirt.ru an angry letter or just be cool about it (the 05 specs being out).

hmm what will it be?

btw that machined part where the bb on the sunday sits and the top tube gusset, wow.....

pd is that first bike (the black one) actually called the yakuza? and its being shown first at a russian site?.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Man Todd and IH is taking over the whole world.

The new single pivot looks nice too and we know the price will be right on that single pivot.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
vitox said:
i wonder if ska todd will send RM and dirt.ru an angry letter or just be cool about it (the 05 specs being out).

hmm what will it be?

btw that machined part where the bb on the sunday sits and the top tube gusset, wow.....

pd is that first bike (the black one) actually called the yakuza? and its being shown first at a russian site?.
We had the first proto on video on our website last fall, we just didn't note it and it was going too fast for anyone to know better ;)

Farkin.net was the one that jumped the gun like 6 months ago or so I think with the specs/photos and they were pressed to take them down for obvious reasons.

I think the yellow one is the first gen proto, the black one the second generation proto, and the one Todd posted a head tube shot of, a production sample.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
vitox said:

hmm what will it be?
Oh ya...and one to farkin too while I am at it. The letter will make outrageous claims like "IH invented the East Coast riding scene." Then I'll have my boys Dante & FormatX jump to my defense. It will be front page news and get like 500 replies from people telling me I am a complete jackass and will never buy my products again.

vitox said:
The bike shown on that Russian site is the original proto of the Sunday. The production bike has changed some and has a lot smoother lines. There was a pic of my personal bike over on farkin last week and there are a bunch of pics of Sam Hill around on the new frame.

vitox said:
Yes, Yakuza is the new 'entry level' freeride platform. There are 6 models in total (3 HT and 3 DS). The pic on the site is a Yakuza 7" frame.

Chimira, Bakuto, Waka-Gashira = hardtails
Aniki & Ojiki = dual suspn 7"
Kumicho = dual suspn 8" w/ floater

Acadian said:
I though the colors were black, yellow and blue?

white?
Sunday Factory = black, yellow, blue
Sunday Team = PMS423C
Sunday WC = PMS375C

-ska todd

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
So I was a Whistler this weekend and spyed someone riding a Iron Horse DW link but it had a different link than the other ones that I've seen. The link looked much lighter and had cutouts going all the way through. The shape was a bit different too. What was this that I saw?

I couldn't tell who the rider was. Full face helmet with googles and no team jersey.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
buildyourown said:
So I was a Whistler this weekend and spyed someone riding a Iron Horse DW link but it had a different link than the other ones that I've seen. The link looked much lighter and had cutouts going all the way through. The shape was a bit different too. What was this that I saw?

I couldn't tell who the rider was. Full face helmet with googles and no team jersey.
7POINT frame...Chris Donahue on board it...

-ska todd

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Espen said:
This frame will defenately be the next bandwagon!
Its not a new bandwagon, the first DW link bike was a mid-year 2002 release - the 2002.5 IH Hollowpoint ;)

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
ska todd said:
Yes, Yakuza is the new 'entry level' freeride platform. There are 6 models in total (3 HT and 3 DS). The pic on the site is a Yakuza 7" frame.

-ska todd

ah stupid me, i had mistaken the yakuza for the russian (its japanese) mafia so thats why i found it to be so fun.....

hope to see one of those sundays soon.