Quantcast

More of Silver's Freedom Fighters in the newz...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
:disgust1:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080404/ap_on_re_eu/britain_airliner_plot;_ylt=AiqX_x.CJ0tl9AWGIKD0U1uZsdEF

"I say to the nonbelievers, as you bomb, you will be bombed. As you kill, you will be killed," said Umar Islam, 29, as he angrily wagged a finger at the camera, denouncing the U.S. and Britain for their role in Iraq, Afghanistan and the Palestinian territories.

Another defendant, Abdulla Ahmed Ali, 27, predicted waves of new attacks on the United States and Britain.

"We will take our revenge and anger, ripping amongst your people and scattering the people ... decorating the streets," he said.

Islam lambasted the British public, saying they deserved to suffer because they cared more about sports and television soap operas than the plight of Muslims.

"Most of them are too busy watching 'Home And Away' and 'EastEnders,' complaining about the World Cup, drinking your alcohol, to care about anything," he said.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I'm interested to see how this case goes given that most of the people originally arrested were released and that the actual "bomb" relies upon a sequence of events that were highly unlikely to be able to occur. I believe this type of liquid bomb is highly unstable and the chances of these plotters being able to get the stuff to the airport let alone on a plane, even less be able to detonate it, borders on fantasy. Hopefully at the end of this the f*cken ridiculous liquids bs we have to deal with when we fly will be binned.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I'm interested to see how this case goes given that most of the people originally arrested were released and that the actual "bomb" relies upon a sequence of events that were highly unlikely to be able to occur. I believe this type of liquid bomb is highly unstable and the chances of these plotters being able to get the stuff to the airport let alone on a plane, even less be able to detonate it, borders on fantasy. Hopefully at the end of this the f*cken ridiculous liquids bs we have to deal with when we fly will be binned.
There was some research done, and they demonstrated on discovery how the amount of explosives they would have had, even if it had gone right, would probably have not done more damage then to mangle the bathroom. It would probably not have breached the skin.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I'd imagine the UK has something akin to the conspiracy laws that we have here in the US...

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Obviously they do, the point is that the threat, as usual, has been hugely overblown to keep up the fear factor in the WoT. Liquid bombs indeed.