Well, my girlfriend spent the day on Saturday and part of Sunday making a scrapbook for her brother, so I spent a lot of time watching the Simpsons and overclocking my computer. Previously, my BIOS was very limited in overclocking options. I could change the multiplier and the clock speed, but that was it. My latest BIOS upgrade delivered a number of delicious overclocking options unto me. Most importantly, I now have control over the CPU/RAM speed ratio, and have a lock for my PCIe. I also have a ton of other options which I haven't explored fully, but am unlikely to do so as I don't need to squeeze every last mhz out of my CPU, I just want a performance increase and something to putter around with. My CPU is a 1.8ghz Athlon 64 Winchester core, stock multiplier and clock speed set at 9x200. My last overclocking efforts gave me a limit of 248x8.5, or 2108mhz. Any higher than that and I started getting memory errors - my guess was that it was due to the memory running outside of its limits. Turns out, I was right - my latest BIOS upgrade provides dynamic numbers as to what speed everything is running at. I had my budget DDR400 running at 496mhz - oops. No wonder it started taking a dump when I ran it higher. Dug into the BIOS and set the multiplier back to 9x, and left the clock alone. I dropped the CPU/RAM ratio down to 2/1.5 to take the RAM out of the equation as a limiting factor. I did a bunch of testing and got up to 9x267, or 2403mhz, before deciding to call it a day. Before I was done, though, I decided to tweak my RAM a bit, so I bumped up the ratio to 2/1.66. The tests ran fine but when I tried booting Motherboard Monitor in Windows, my system would freeze. I dropped the clock speed down to 265, and everything worked fine. Ran Prime95 all night last night with no errors or stability problems - and the temp never got about 40* C. I'm done testing for now, but if I get bored I might try some more tweaking. The low temperature indicates that I could easily go higher, but testing is a long tedious process (memory test takes ~20min. for one pass, I like to let it run 2 passes, and Prime95 should run for at least an hour for in between tests, and ~12 hours or more for final stability tests), and I'm satisfied for the time being. Final result: 2385mhz, an overclock of 32.5%. Not too shabby at all! I'd like to get my hands on one of those 2.2ghz 3500+ chips that Echo just bought, if I could squeeze 32.5% out of that, I'd be up at almost 3ghz. Probably need a better cooling solution, though.