Quantcast

More police news: Shoot a Labrador Retriever as he's running AWAY? Why not?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Manimal--

Just had an epiphany. They didn't need a warrant at all, did they? Exigent circumstances by virtue of hot pursuit, as they knew there was constructive possession of a controlled substance going from outside to inside.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Manimal--

Just had an epiphany. They didn't need a warrant at all, did they? Exigent circumstances by virtue of hot pursuit, as they knew there was constructive possession of a controlled substance going from outside to inside.
hmmm, i think that method would have "case law" written all over it ;)

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Yeah, I wasn't trying to endorse that as a good idea, mind you...

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Manimal--

Nope.

The package wasn't addressed to the person who brought it into the house, and they had no reason to believe the guy was a drug dealer.

Of course, none of this still justifies blowing away a couple of Labs. The more I think about it, the more I wish they had shot the mother in law. People brush off a couple of dogs more easily than an old white woman in the ICU with a gunshot wound after a pointless drug raid.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
back home, a copycat cop
A Labrador-pit bull was shot and killed by police inside a south-central home Friday afternoon inches from where the homeowner was showering.

"I was taking a shower, when all the sudden I heard this loud pop," Deanna Gonzales said.
so that's why they're called wetba...

ed: "...a south-central home...."? cracka please: this is colorado springs