Quantcast

More Pro-Gun Propaganda

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
See, in AZ, one of the most heavily armed states in the U.S., there is virtualy no crime.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
no surprise seeing those six on the left hand side. i was also surprised to see TX in the middle, figure it would be closer to the right.

that is a very informative graph.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
no surprise seeing those six on the left hand side. i was also surprised to see TX in the middle, figure it would be closer to the right.

that is a very informative graph.

One big thing to get from that chart is the group of states in the lower left corner. Not only do they have the lowest gun deaths, but probably the strictest gun laws. And some of the largest/densely populated cities, which usually coincide with higher violent crime rates.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Graphing by state may be a bit skewed, as some urban areas in a state may be significantly different in character than the rural.

And plenty of states with extremely loose gun and carry laws are on the low end.

Addrrssig problems with gun violence, policing, etc. seems like we are looking at symptomatic treatments rather than root causes, like poverty, an utterly broken education system, health care, and social injustice. As physical objects, guns are easier to identify and control, but I think of them as a bit of a red herring.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
while on this subject: ive always thought of Joe Rogan as a crackhead, but this is the best thing ive heard him say in my entire life:

This country has a mental health problem disguised as a gun problem.

Granted, its not all mental health but more or less a couple of issues (like the ones mikeD touched down on)

11johnp

Chimp
Jun 9, 2016
Has anyone bothered to research how may gun deaths are cause by stolen or illegally purchased firearms? Someone with a carry permit and their gun have less of a chance of causing any kind harm than someone being struck by lightning. Over 98% of gun violence involves guns that are illegally owned.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Has anyone bothered to research how may gun deaths are cause by stolen or illegally purchased firearms? Someone with a carry permit and their gun have less of a chance of causing any kind harm than someone being struck by lightning. Over 98% of gun violence involves guns that are illegally owned.
Many states don't require carry permits, either for concealed, not concealed, or both.

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
Holy hell. I leave for five years and come back to this? And it's still on the front page?

More firearms, less mac & cheese. Let's make 'Murica great again.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Holy hell. I leave for five years and come back to this? And it's still on the front page?

More firearms, less mac & cheese. Let's make 'Murica great again.

Welcome back. Glad to see you didn't choke to death on some Mac N Cheese.