Quantcast

More real estate doom and gloom

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I think it is actually a duplex, with two two bed one bath units. Depending on rent it could return 5% annual ROI at that price.
The first place the wife and I rented in Vancouver, WA after we got married looked almost exactly like that. Down to the pink tile in the bathroom and everything. I had to double check that listing to make sure it wasn't the same place. It was a duplex with a basement.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I think I already posted this, but the average price on the market today for all properties in Teton County is now 2.6 million.
Doesn't Teton County have the highest concentration of super-rich in the country? I seem to recall reading recently that a one acre parcel on Mormon Row was selling for $5M with just a few small structures present...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think I already posted this, but the average price on the market today for all properties in Teton County is now 2.6 million.

Are there any jobs in Teton county other than those who serve the super rich who live there with no means of local support?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Yes, there are professional services (my wife is a CPA), insurance, financial management and the like. A LOT of telecommuters make up the 'middle' class. But yeah, it's mostly service industry jobs and real estate.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yes, there are professional services (my wife is a CPA), insurance, financial management and the like. A LOT of telecommuters make up the 'middle' class. But yeah, it's mostly service industry jobs and real estate.
I guess what I was getting at is that it is a resort town where people with money choose to live, they generally are not making their fortunes locally. There are of course will be people locally who make vast sums off of said rich people, but again it all starts from wealth made elsewhere.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
You have no idea. There are probably seven businesses selling that crap.
The funny thing is that 'Stealth Wealth' is what's in vogue here (as compared to Aspen).
Think billionaires wearing carhartt's and driving mid seventies pickup trucks (yet living in 20,000,000 dollar homes.)
It's the 'second tier' wealth that wears the western junk.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You have no idea. There are probably seven businesses selling that crap.
I spent a day in Jackson Hole before a weeklong backpacking trip in the Tetons. The Tetons are perhaps my most favorite place I have ever been, Jackson Hole possible the least. People do a good job of ruining nice places.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
It's still a great community, (unlike Vail). Schools are top notch, quality of life is extraordinarily high, the skiing and Mountain Biking is off the hook...it just gets busy in the summer.
I Personally prefer Teton Valley, Idaho...but the schools there SUCK.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It's still a great community, (unlike Vail). Schools are top notch, quality of life is extraordinarily high, the skiing and Mountain Biking is off the hook...it just gets busy in the summer.
I Personally prefer Teton Valley, Idaho...but the schools there SUCK.

The sound of dipshits revving their Harleys echoing through the valley must make summer rather special

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
9.1%.
Must be nice...

I mused about this in my last post in my thread, but I’d like to buy a condo in the mountains down the road. Perhaps finishing off loans will coincide with a nice market crash.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
:D

With Syadasti's recent absence I assume you are now lead pedant? Only asking to see if I got a promotion to vice pedant.
You could have easily rephrased your OP to be "asking price was 10% more than what it went for" to be correct.

#numbersmatter

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You could have easily rephrased your OP to be "asking price was 10% more than what it went for" to be correct.

#numbersmatter
You are technically correct, which is the best kind of correct. I approve and am rather amused by such feedback.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I suspect there is a booming industry selling fringed leather jackets and designer cowboy hats to aging trophy wives.
I'm going to launch the soon to be industry in trading in aging trophy wives for newer, perkier versions. It'll be called Plenty of Bish.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Douchebag neighbor with the crackwhore daughter sold his place to one of those "will pay cash quick!"out fits for 165k late last summer. They tore the place apart, (4 dumpster fulls just to get out all the trash!) refinished the place and it went on the market yesterday for 290k. So far I've seen 3 couple's go through it, first one twice. I bet it's gone before the end of the day.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Douchebag neighbor with the crackwhore daughter sold his place to one of those "will pay cash quick!"out fits for 165k late last summer. They tore the place apart, (4 dumpster fulls just to get out all the trash!) refinished the place and it went on the market yesterday for 290k. So far I've seen 3 couple's go through it, first one twice. I bet it's gone before the end of the day.
was this the neighbor that had all the crappy cars that were undriveable? or am i thinking of someone else?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Congrats! Sounds like the value of your property just got a nice bump up.