Quantcast

More real estate doom and gloom

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I just looked at two properties, one up by @6thElement and one in Evergreen. Small homes on nice sized lots. Surprising good buys of you can live in +/- 1,400 sq.ft. (which i certainly can)
Screw Evergreen, top of Apex is where it's at. If it's the one in Cody you'd have a plentiful supply of wild turkeys wandering through your land, we ride past that house along there all the time.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I just looked at two properties, one up by @6thElement and one in Evergreen. Small homes on nice sized lots. Surprising good buys of you can live in +/- 1,400 sq.ft. (which i certainly can)
Our place is just over 1400sq.ft. Plenty of space for 2 adults 1 kid and dog. Were I a single man, I would not be afraid to go smaller, for the right property.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
In the seventies they moved a shtload of Boise Cascades from Utah mining camps, and onto 1/10 and 2/10 acre parcels. No garages.
We bought cheap thinking we could build a garage...but the town setback Regs quickly disabused us of that notion.
Anything else in town that had a garage was about $300k more at the bottom of the market.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The supply of home for sale has jumped significantly this summer in Seattle. This has pretty much put the brakes on rising prices.

As the job market and population is still growing I am assuming this is due to the market finally hitting the point where people are willing to sell out. Either retirees, those moving to the 'burbs or landlords looking to cash out with stagnating rent with an apartment building boom.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
The supply of home for sale has jumped significantly this summer in Seattle. This has pretty much put the brakes on rising prices.
I've anecdotally noticed that home prices seem to be slowing here. I mean, we're no Seattle but our house, and some others I use as a local barometer, have either slowed pretty significantly in price growth, or even started to back off a little. I don't know what the local "inventory" levels are like, but prices leveling off can only be caused by a couple things.

Edit: A brief google from a semi-questionable, local source, says year over (june) inventory pretty much equal and values up 12%. So WTF do I know?

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've anecdotally noticed that home prices seem to be slowing here. I mean, we're no Seattle but our house, and some others I use as a local barometer, have either slowed pretty significantly in price growth, or even started to back off a little. I don't know what the local "inventory" levels are like, but prices leveling off can only be caused by a couple things.

Edit: A brief google from a semi-questionable, local source, says year over (june) inventory pretty much equal and values up 12%. So WTF do I know?
There is usually a several month delay in the stats as they do not get recorded until a property closes. Local stats are still shiwing growth but hiuses currently on the market are taking weeks instead of days and you can see places with price drops, which has veen unheard of.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

As the job market and population is still growing I am assuming this is due to the market finally hitting the point where people are willing to sell out. Either retirees, those moving to the 'burbs or landlords looking to cash out with stagnating rent with an apartment building boom.
The real high flyers (Micro softies, etc) are selling out and snapping up properties here.