Quantcast

More real estate doom and gloom

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Where are you looking? Gonna guess North of Boston and if so JHFC.
We are looking 45 miles north and west of the city, and up into Southern NH. Southern NH used to be a haven for people who worked in MA to score reasonably priced housing, but thats certainly not the case any longer.

At this point it is what it is. I can't complain too much, given that we are squatting for free above my in-laws garage. So long as the drive-bys and arson don't cross the invisible line that's a mile down the road.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
So seattle was built out just like every other city on the planet......I see I see. Very unique that one.

I'm very sad to include the ham in that these days. I remember when it was more canada than seattle (which in fact includes kirkland and if you're really annoying, definitely Everett).

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
oh god

you put that in my head and it will not go away now.........aaagghghh GET THEM OFF ME!!!!11111oneone

You are missing the point. Build them where there isn't good real mountain biking. You don't need elevation change if you can effortlessly maintain speed over machine built flow trains, artificial rock gardens and drops off of used shipping containers. You just need cheap land, like Eastern Carolina, Florida, Nebraska. lets make the midwest an e-biking mecca. Offer on site power connections, sewer dumps and authentic taco trucks for the van lifers.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
2bd 1 bath 900 sq ft rancher next door has sold twice in the last year, second time being just a couple weeks ago for a flabbergasting (at least in my little working class hood) for 24K over asking price. Damn near 25% increase in 8 months. I *still* do not understand how any of this is sustainable.

Zillow is showing estimates on my street that are starting to approach mid 400k. Half million dollar home on my street? Fuck right off with that shit. Jesus Christ......
I was updating our Personal Capital this morning and shit spiked nearly $80k but I couldn't figure it out. Took about 5min to track it down and the Zillow estimate for our house increase that much in <30 days. We've had two houses on the other side of the street sell in the last month, so that explains the adjustment. What's wild is that that side of the street tends to sell for about $100-150k less because of the lack of view or open space. I can't even imagine what we could sell ours for at this point. But even then, wtf would you buy? It's not like to can take the profits and walk. I mean, if you're a ballsy fuck willing to take a cash-out mtge and invest it I guess, but not many options to "profit" from it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Offer on site power connections, sewer dumps and authentic taco trucks for the van lifers.
a man with a plan truly after my crosshairs :rofl:

Motorcycle dealerships are carrying intense and specialized ebikes now. Flat sandy zones are already moto hotspots so it wouldn't be a leap. I think even the greenest of new to bikes ebike douches see the value in descents however.....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
You are missing the point. Build them where there isn't good real mountain biking. You don't need elevation change if you can effortlessly maintain speed over machine built flow trains, artificial rock gardens and drops off of used shipping containers. You just need cheap land, like Eastern Carolina, Florida, Nebraska. lets make the midwest an e-biking mecca. Offer on site power connections, sewer dumps and authentic taco trucks for the van lifers.
Goddam. You are a Big Idea guy. Well done, sir. Well done, indeed.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I was updating our personal Capital this morning and realize there may be some investment opportunities for a pedal forward return on some pencildick pine dense granular property in the southeast, to develop some namaste positive bosch incorporated biking futures.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was updating our personal Capital this morning and realize there may be some investment opportunities for a pedal forward return on some pencildick pine dense granular property in the southeast, to develop some namaste positive bosch incorporated biking futures.
But is it authentic?

Will the returns beat GME?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I watch the price of avocados and if they go up to like 3 bucks a pop and I've got two in the fridge I'm like "yeah! fuck yeah! honey we did it!!! whooooooooo"

How do I find out how much my liver is worth?

Also, I need to start including my Avocados in my morning capitalization analysis.