Quantcast

More real estate doom and gloom

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ah yes, this thread is a great reminder that we are no closer to being able to afford a house. Guess we'll continue squatting above my in-laws garage. :fancy:
It sounds like there is a leveling off and likely reality adjustment coming in another year. My guess is you will find an appropriately priced house by then. Likely still a truck load of money, but not a half mil over ask money.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
It sounds like there is a leveling off and likely reality adjustment coming in another year. My guess is you will find an appropriately priced house by then. Likely still a truck load of money, but not a half mil over ask money.
I dunno, prices may have leveled off, but they are still 20-25% above where they were. Praying this whole remote work thing hangs out so we can go further out where it's actually more affordable.

A better situation no doubt, but its better in the same sense as getting kicked in one testicle is better than getting kicked in both.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
There are programs for tenants to pay rent. Landlords just need to help tenants apply. Therefore there are programs for landlords.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Must be struggling so hard he had to lay off the entire PR department, otherwise I can't fathom why he'd choose to appear in a "woe is me" article posing in front of a private jet. :rolleyes:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Woo-Hoo, we’re #1!
Party time in the trailer parks in Tetonia!

Love the opening
When U.S. Federal Reserve officials head to their annual mountain retreat next week to talk economic inequality, they’ll be sitting in the country’s wealthiest county.

I'm sure they'll be getting right on that. Before their next mountain retreat amongst the other real americans in aspen.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Fuck these people right in the tuchus.

:rofl:
The company says the motivation for the venture began when Austin and his wife, both based in Napa, bought a second home in Lake Tahoe. The night after they closed on the house, Austin says in a promotional video, he and his wife sat around a fire "thinking how appreciative we were to be second homeowners. And, from that moment, I've always been inspired about making the dream of second home ownership possible for more people."

In the state with the largest homeless population no less.

Yeah I'm going to believe that two zillow execs only owned one second property. That's been an emerging model here since about 2016. It's absolutely just another version of 80s/90s style time-share bullshit.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I have a headache and feel like I'm going to puke from the smoke but I'm fucking loving watching people throw tantrums over Air Bnb not refunding their money for canceling their trips to tahoe right now :rofl:

Serves ya right fuckers! Now quit using that shit 'service'

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have a headache and feel like I'm going to puke from the smoke but I'm fucking loving watching people throw tantrums over Air Bnb not refunding their money for canceling their trips to tahoe right now :rofl:

Serves ya right fuckers! Now quit using that shit 'service'

How are you watching this? Are you peeping into people's first homes?

Or is this tweet curation?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Fuck these people right in the tuchus.

:rofl:
The company says the motivation for the venture began when Austin and his wife, both based in Napa, bought a second home in Lake Tahoe. The night after they closed on the house, Austin says in a promotional video, he and his wife sat around a fire "thinking how appreciative we were to be second homeowners. And, from that moment, I've always been inspired about making the dream of second home ownership possible for more people."

In the state with the largest homeless population no less.

Yeah I'm going to believe that two zillow execs only owned one second property. That's been an emerging model here since about 2016. It's absolutely just another version of 80s/90s style time-share bullshit.
so tech bros have figured out how to run a time share?

kill list.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
"houses are too expensive"

"I need an industrial grade kitchen to serve take out"
"I need enough bedrooms for that one time all my 3rd cousins come to visit"
"I need a media room"
"I need a grand foyer"

Jesus.

Ours is 1412sq ft for 3 people and any number of dogs ranging from 1-4. I have an office that I don't really need and two "living room" spaces. WTF would I do with twice the space other than pay to heat it and collect a ton more shit that I don't really need? :confused:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Bottom Line: We hear all the time about stagnating wages and household incomes, the decline/demise/disappearance of the middle class, rising income inequality, and lots of other narratives of gloom and doom for the average American. But when it comes to the new houses that Americans are buying and living in, we see a much brighter picture of life in the US. The new houses that today’s generation of homeowners are buying are larger by 1,000 square feet compared to the average new houses our parents or grandparents might have purchased in the 1970s, and have almost twice the living space per person compared to the new houses built 42 years ago.

Yeah those houses no one can afford are pretty sweet :think:

This guy has lots of space between his ears. But I guess a marketing and developer-centered perspective on housing is to be expected.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Bottom Line: We hear all the time about stagnating wages and household incomes, the decline/demise/disappearance of the middle class, rising income inequality, and lots of other narratives of gloom and doom for the average American. But when it comes to the new houses that Americans are buying and living in, we see a much brighter picture of life in the US. The new houses that today’s generation of homeowners are buying are larger by 1,000 square feet compared to the average new houses our parents or grandparents might have purchased in the 1970s, and have almost twice the living space per person compared to the new houses built 42 years ago.

Yeah those houses no one can afford are pretty sweet :think:

This guy has lots of space between his ears. But I guess a marketing and developer-centered perspective on housing is to be expected.
translation:

"things are actually pretty OK when you ignore all the bad stuff"

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
"houses are too expensive"

"I need an industrial grade kitchen to serve take out"
"I need enough bedrooms for that one time all my 3rd cousins come to visit"
"I need a media room"
"I need a grand foyer"

We have an entire floor, formal dining room, and living room (vs. family) that don't need to be here. The guest bedroom should be an office for me. Visitors can stay at a hotel and come to see us. I can't fucking stand it. At this point all I can do is make it as efficient as humanly possible.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We have an entire floor, formal dining room, and living room (vs. family) that don't need to be here. The guest bedroom should be an office for me. Visitors can stay at a hotel and come to see us. I can't fucking stand it. At this point all I can do is make it as efficient as humanly possible.

I can't tell you how heartbroken I was when I realized when I bought this place that it was way too small for family to stay here. I can't tell you because it is hard to express zero in emotions.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Sounds like you need some Airbnb in your life. Instant winning!