Quantcast

More real estate doom and gloom

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sounds like you need some Airbnb in your life. Instant winning!
I've brought up that she should just let me put in a real door vs. slider in the basement, turn the guest bedroom into an office for me/workout room for Wifey, and then install a w/d combo into the downstairs bathroom, then put in a deadbolt separating the floors. We could probably rent it for $1500/m. I might need to pave the steps down the side of the house, but 1-2 months would pay for that. Our mtge would almost be entirely paid for. She won't have it.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Jesus.

Ours is 1412sq ft for 3 people and any number of dogs ranging from 1-4. I have an office that I don't really need and two "living room" spaces. WTF would I do with twice the space other than pay to heat it and collect a ton more shit that I don't really need? :confused:
Was over my wife's former boss's house the other night. 11.5K sqft, inhabited full-time by 2 adults and 1 child, part-time by 1 other adult. It's ludicrous. There's so much under utilized space it's mind-boggling.

I don't begrudge people their things, but I can't stop thinking about them living in a house half the size at a fraction of the cost, still having absurd amounts of space per person, and retire 20 years earlier on the savings alone.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Was over my wife's former boss's house the other night. 11.5K sqft, inhabited full-time by 2 adults and 1 child, part-time by 1 other adult. It's ludicrous. There's so much under utilized space it's mind-boggling.

I don't begrudge people their things, but I can't stop thinking about them living in a house half the size at a fraction of the cost, still having absurd amounts of space per person, and retire 20 years earlier on the savings alone.
It's why S and I only wanted a small house, we've only got 1 actual bedroom. The other non-living area room is my office with an uncomfortable pull out so people won't want to stay on it twice :D

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Christ. I complain about 3500sqft with 2 kids and a part time 3rd adult. That's... Fucking retarded.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
See that's why you go first. The fire we start at your place will go uphill. You get to escape, he dies in his sleep at night.

#trusttheplan

ooh before I forget, what wind direction leads to toshi's place?
:D

I'm on the entire opposite side of metro Denver. You'd have to burn through the whole city.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
See that's why you go first. The fire we start at your place will go uphill. You get to escape, he dies in his sleep at night.

#trusttheplan

You planning on burning down Denver?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

#trusttheplan

Leave the man alone. Living east of Denver is punishment enough.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Well S.S. is much older and much more embittered than Toshi, so I think it still stands.
I'm actually not *that* much older than Toshi. :homer:

It's why S and I only wanted a small house, we've only got 1 actual bedroom. The other non-living area room is my office with an uncomfortable pull out so people won't want to stay on it twice :D
You, sir, are wise beyond your years.

SS is well cured, like an old crusty pickle
You know *nothing* about my old, crusty pickle. :mad:

Christ. I complain about 3500sqft with 2 kids and a part time 3rd adult. That's... Fucking retarded.
I complain about 2200sf. Fuck this place. :mad:

A diet deficient in well marbled wagyu will do that to you.
Great. Now I'm hungry for a Wagyu ribeye. :mad:

Leave the man alone. Living east of Denver is punishment enough.
1630010267528.png