Quantcast

More real estate doom and gloom

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Property sizes are just larger on the East Coast for reasons I can't explain. My mother moved to live in a podunk little town in Nebraska and the lots were about 4000' despite being surrounded by great expanses of nothing.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Property sizes are just larger on the East Coast for reasons I can't explain. My mother moved to live in a podunk little town in Nebraska and the lots were about 4000' despite being surrounded by great expanses of nothing.
not always. new developments that are going in are rarely larger than a quarter acre until you start getting close to the 7 figure mark. but a lot of those are former farm parcels that were subdivided.

residential parcels in older neighborhoods (like mine, or even older ones) tend to be bigger.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
totally depends on where on the east cost you are...down in florida-harbl. hated it oh so much. zero lot lines can die (along with most other things about the state).

we specifically chose our house for the lot, which is on the end of a cul de sac backing up to a huge natural area. fuck having people all up in yo business. one house on either side is more than enough. we're well within city limits but it doesn't feel crammed in at all .

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
What happens if they have never left?
The oldest keeps trying, but even rentals are in bidding wars, which he refuses to get into; so he stays and saves and keeps dreaming.
I mean, I'm 35 with a wife and soon to be kid, living above my in-laws garage. We've been outbid on every house we've put offers in on by tens of thousands, which is on top of having to offer tens of thousands above asking to begin with. I know all about being unable to afford to leave. :rofl: