Quantcast

More real estate doom and gloom

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Been seeing a lot of price drops on my Zillow Winter Park to Granby market update emails!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It was empty.
for like 7 months? while the dude was trying to sell it - and still actively paying the mortgage? it's not like it was someones 3rd or 4th home that's occupied a few weeks out of the year. or had been abandoned and vacant

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
for like 7 months? while the dude was trying to sell it - and still actively paying the mortgage? it's not like it was someones 3rd or 4th home that's occupied a few weeks out of the year.
Well 7 months is most of a year...

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Huh. A lot of high horses in here.

I just purchased a new piece of property with an older building that I am renovating to live in. It is nearly ready for occupancy and we plan to move in about a month. Thus, we have listed our current home for sale.

So, if I am to understand this thread correctly:

If I can’t sell the place quickly enough in a now shitty market, it should be handed over to squatters. Bc if it’s empty too long, I somehow relinquish my ownership of it.

If I can’t sell it and decide to rent it out, I am a leach on society.

If I actually do manage to sell it, I should avoid any capital gains beyond straight inflation or risk being branded “part of the problem.”

Any thing I missed?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Really?

Do you really believe that property ownership is theft as seen in the context of today’s society? Because that is the logical (albeit extreme) extension of what I think I am hearing here…
You can make up whatever shit in your head you want but I never said that.

You have some kind of persecution complex going on with your new property or something?

Some of us do have a real problem with what's happened to property ownership as a market in this country (see also: healthcare), and toshi is just worried about his property values, but you might be a little off in left field.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
You can make up whatever shit in your head you want but I never said that.
I was actually pretty careful about making it clear that I was taking the recent comments (not even yours, in fact) in this thread to a logical extreme. I was certainly not putting words in anyone's mouth. The truth is that I was aiming at you a little bit, bc of some of our (I think) shared anarchist views. One of the common things I hear in anarchist circles is that property is crime. My point that I failed to make was that I actually do fully understand and to some extent hold that same belief. However, in the context of the society we live in I cannot act on/out those beliefs...

You have some kind of persecution complex going on with your new property or something?
Haha. Actually, yes, but not in the way I think you mean.

Some of us do have a real problem with what's happened to property ownership as a market in this country (see also: healthcare), and toshi is just worried about his property values,
For fuck sake, man, do you really think I don't have a problem with this market? It is this fucked up market that has me all tied up in a knot. I am just trying to move from one property to another and this market could literally bankrupt me. It probably won't, but the possibility certainly exists...and that scares the fuck out of me, bc just like 99% of the people in this country I have no safety net.

Healthcare? Not sure if you're referencing other comments of mine here on RM, but I don't think my opinion of american "Healthcare" is that vastly different than yours.

but you might be a little off in left field.
I have no idea what you are specifically referring to by that, but...probably, yes.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I just deleted a page long post and then went back and read your original one like 3 times

Nevermind. I just read it as if I were typing an it takes on a different tone completely :rofl:

anyway, yeah let's setup base and kill the petty bourgeois

Last edited:

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I just deleted a page long post and then went back and read your original one like 3 times

Nevermind. I just read it as if I were typing an it takes on a different tone completely :rofl:

anyway, yeah let's setup base and kill the petty bourgeois
Haha. I actually had added a note about what kind of tone to read my post in and deleted it, bc it seemed awkward.

Yes, let's set up the base and start figuring out who to kill...because that is the problem I am having. When I listen carefully to the rhetoric and then check the mirror, sometimes I get confused...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
For the record, I’m not worried about my property values decreasing. They’re likely stagnant and that’s ok.

Hopefully this frees up contractors to finish rebuilding the backlog after the Grand Lake fires a few years ago.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
My dad was used to yammer *exactly* like those fat old white dudes about the same goddam stuff back in the 80's.
Now we give them huge government contracts