Quantcast

More real estate doom and gloom

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
So for $38M more than this house, you can get an apartment in NYC, wow.

but the apartment has a view?

I dont think 24k sq ft counts as an aprtment anymore.

And beyonce gets way too much credit for being a human being anymore. That's a castle to isolate from the serfs.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Anecdotal I know, and no clue if it "means" anything, but I've noticed recently that those really bad hand lettered signs about "avoid foreclosure!" and "we buy homes fast!" appear to be making a comeback here. Seems 2006-ish.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
This heart-warming story has it all.
Kind of broke, attractive redhead? Check
Resourceful, tasteful renovation? Check
Gig worker, including Online Dominatrix? Check

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
This heart-warming story has it all.
Kind of broke, attractive redhead? Check
Resourceful, tasteful renovation? Check
Gig worker, including Online Dominatrix? Check

wow it's so cute what 74k achieves, will the wonders never cease?

would it be rude to bring up that time you were enthralled with an andrew yang fluff piece?

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The first year of the pandemic I joined this club for $750/year. It was a shit hole, I hope whoever bought it can get it up to snuff.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Washington has a property tax exemption for seniors and the disabled who make less than about $60K. Of course that means there are probably ways for the filthy rich to find a loophole.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
This is more interesting than the housing market. Downtown Portland is a shit show right now.

Hotels as an institution are becoming largely irrelevant because of dumb gig economy shit like airbnb. That's just fox news reveling in the fact that it's a san francisco iteration because thats where teh librulz™ live.

I will never weep for the dynasty that created paris hilton but that's happening everywhere. Faux news just likes pointing it out when it's SF or portland.

The same shit is happening in new york trump world and desantis land.

again with the fox news.......you gotta start considering the source on this shit yo. Nothing would make me happier than watching the greater san fran area fail but it's not really a good source of info.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the emerging portland reminds me a lot of what nyc was in the 70s. That's not all bad.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I dunno, luxury hotels are still being built like mad all over the world. Certainly here, going to the grocery store is a PITA for tourists. A lot of people just want to walk downstairs for breakfast, walk to the lift, and not be guilted into doing a bunch of work for some air B n’ B tyrant.
EDIT : Portland needs a Mayor Koch…”How ‘M I doin’?”

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I dunno, luxury hotels are still being built like mad all over the world. Certainly here, going to the grocery store is a PITA for tourists. A lot of people just want to walk downstairs for breakfast, walk to the lift, and not be guilted into doing a bunch of work for some air B n’ B tyrant.
EDIT : Portland needs a Mayor Koch…”How ‘M I doin’?”
I kinda sort of notice this thing for obvious reasons. There's a definite resurgence of luxury hotels in response to people realizing the horrors of airbnb. You should see some of the commercials hilton is making. Fuck hilton but they're pretty funny.

Literally the entire business facade of my town is about to become 3 gigantic luxury resorts, so someone somewhere figured that out.

Meanwhile literally every hotel here closed in the last 5-8 years.

I guess the difference lies in "luxury" vs where the commonfolk sleep.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Says it's only been on Zillow 18 days, but I'm pretty sure it's been for sale for a couple months already. I will be shocked if this house sells at this price. It's $100+k above the houses in my hood go for and my hood used to be "the jewel of town" and all that.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Sounds like there are gonna be some bagholders! :D
He touches on this if you didn't get that far. Only the ones buying in the covid swarm. Purchases before that, interest rates were low, and people investors will be far more likely to just sit on things until profitable to sell.

For the idiots that thought they were going to become instant hoteliers during the tourism swarm of the pandemic.....yep, fuck'em. It's important to remember just how many of these homes are owned by entities rather than individuals too.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
“Several of the residents that reside here are also very concerned, myself included, that once the pod village is established, whatever value we had in our manufactured homes here, will be halved, if not worse.”
Who wants to let him know that there isn't any value in his trailer now? :rofl:

It's a solid reason to put it there, actually.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator