Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I'm pretty sure their are several posts buried in this thread about how people were speculating that commercial real estate was the next bubble. I need to go back and see if I can find them.
Naw, too big to fail.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
LOL. (In a very sad way)

According to company partner Ruben Caldwell, the condos are geared toward dual-professional households — people like doctors and lawyers who make too much to qualify for affordable housing, but still can’t afford market rate prices.

yikes

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
That article says they can’t sell those houses at market rate only at what they paid for them. Making it likely a bad investment probably. When I passed through there recently downtown Jackson looked so fucking packed with people. I hate that and it would drive me crazy pushing through the crowds.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I agree with that, I don’t go to downtown bend much. I stay home most weekends and try to do stuff on weekdays. Helps with social anxiety to avoid people.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Jackson looked so fucking packed with people. I hate that and it would drive me crazy pushing through the crowds.
That's how I felt about Jackson when I was there 15 years ago. After a week of backpacking I refused to stop in town and made my friends drive a few hours until we stopped to get our first bite of real food in a week.

We were also aligned with the migration to Sturgis and the constant revving of gas powered prostate stimulating enthusiasts made me want to puncture my ear drums.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
these people are so full of shit

“In 30 years of hiking that wilderness, I have come across another person only on one occasion—but I have often encountered bears, deer, bobcats and martens,” said Olsen.

They built that house right underneath a trail we had on logging land. When they finished it, they'd walk up and watch us ride. This was big 30-40ft doubles, a decent sized ladder bridge and two bigass wallrides, all on logging land (you know, 'wilderness'). I'd also see that dude hiking up on skins when I was back there doing the same thing but from a snowmobile, with tons of other snowmobile traffic back there.

I don't know what else I'd expect from a patagonia ceo. Sell the image first, worry about the details later....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Did they get the decimal point in the wrong spot or miss off a leading digit, $2.3m sounds insufficient.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Did they get the decimal point in the wrong spot or miss off a leading digit, $2.3m sounds insufficient.
Try and get back there in february and you'll know why. It's really not a very liveable spot for anyone used to urban conveniences....like access to food. That dude probably owns 6 more just like it scattered across the globe.

This is one of many, many reasons I can't stand patagonia. That dude had a snowcat and snowmobile to get to and from that house for years and years. And they as a company are the largest single funder of a group that does literally nothing else but try and get sleds banned from any acreage of public property they can.

"wilderness values" and all, he and another trust funder who lives off his daddy's real estate money in olympic valley from the 70s, actually take side by sides back into a real capital W designated Wilderness nearby there to maintain a hut they built....all very very illegal. All behind a gate that blocks off a huge swath of public land.

rules for thee but not for me

I just looked at the other properties he's surrounded by in his "wilderness". That's actually higher value than most of them, especially since it's kind of small compared to the others. That drainage keeps getting more an more developed with more and more millionaire/billionaire types so it's only a matter of time before they blow out the road and come up with a plowing system. Those will be 10M properties once that happens.

he's still making a pretty penny

patagoniadoucheshed.JPG

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
something tells me someone on those HOA boards knows the 'auction winners'

people who run HOAs should be drawn and quartered.
around 15:40 gets wildly topical
TLDR - Lady ended up owing over $8k in fees and the HOA foreclosed even through she worked out things with the bank.
at 18:15 - lady gets an HOA foreclosure and evicted and they sell her house for $3.24.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
around 15:40 gets wildly topical
TLDR - Lady ended up owing over $8k in fees and the HOA foreclosed even through she worked out things with the bank.
at 18:15 - lady gets an HOA foreclosure and evicted and they sell her house for $3.24.
I saw that when it aired. Or shortly after it aired and I stole it to be more precise.

Fucking straight gang shit.

Without the HOA making money off this, I really do not see the motivation behind taking someone's house. I do believe in the power of the karen but that's next level fuckery

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I saw that when it aired. Or shortly after it aired and I stole it to be more precise.

Without the HOA making money off this, I really do not see the motivation behind taking someone's house. I do believe in the power of the karen but that's next level fuckery
Hell hath no fury than a homeowner who sees a mailbox painted the wrong color.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

"But it's affecting our house prices and bringing them down!"

Housing is not for living anymore Kidwoo, it's for investing and making monies.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Housing is not for living anymore Kidwoo, it's for investing and making monies.
Why not both?

It is clearly both but with buyers for both reasons selecting from the same pool of properties it would seem the investment prospectors are changing the market for the people who just want to have a yard for their kid/dog/car parts.