Quantcast

More real estate doom and gloom

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Why not both?

It is clearly both but with buyers for both reasons selecting from the same pool of properties it would seem the investment prospectors are changing the market for the people who just want to have a yard for their kid/dog/car parts.
Venture capital and investment funds have absolutely decimated housing west of the mississippi. Between the model formed after the 2008 crisis of buying up cheap foreclosed houses, air bnbs in 'destination' communities, and covid pointing out where people really want to be when shit gets ugly, some places are like 40% ownership of homes that aren't homes. You can see air bnbs alone on a site called air dna, specifically there to point out investment potential by mapping percentages of short term rentals in an area.

My next door neighbor is one of these assholes that pools investor money and buys up houses to either turn into STRs or just sit on and wait for appreciation.

Prices around reno have doubled in the last 5-6 years.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
the vultures are out

According to the videos the incel at work watches at max volume, the governor preventing this exact thing from happening is a big government take over to steal your freedoms.™

Edit to add:
I can't believe I forgot the most important part. The fires; definitely started by space lasers.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
According to the videos the incel at work watches at max volume, the governor preventing this exact thing from happening is a big government take over to steal your freedoms.™

Does he have a Colorado Native bumper sticker?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

I like this new window

please provide regular updates on what "the incel at work" is watching :rofl:

Let me know if he needs help typing in p o r n h u b dot com

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I like this new window

Honestly, I use a pair of old school wired headphones to try and prevent learning what incel-at-work is watching, but bits and pieces sneak in despite my best efforts. I'm really hoping Mainline United doesn't pick him up in November.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I like this new window

There is a guy at work who is supposedly a cousin of Kim Jun Un who is a big Q-tard. I don't know him but part of me thinks I should for the :popcorn: value.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Apparently this is a thing (Apologies for the NIP slip)

1692333725541.png

1692333771644.png

Her article:

After two years of renting, I bought a house for $1 million last summer. My house has a theater on half an acre and includes a guest house I rent out full time for $2,000 a month. I bought my house in cash, so I don't have a mortgage. Having an extra $2,000 a month is amazing. Saving like this would've been impossible for me in NYC.

She's right, you know:

I lucked out and have a great group of friends, but dating is a little trickier. I think the men in Montana I've met have a very different type of intelligence than I'd found in NYC: They can build things, they can kill things, and they're very tactile and useful. I find it so cool and sexy, but they don't really find my type of intelligence sexy. I'm sarcastic, witty, and nerdy. The guys I've met here are more into intelligence that has a real world application.

The beat goes on:
The tough part is the winter. It's no joke and can last from October to April, sometimes longer. This year we had about 10 straight days of minus-17-degree weather, and this was considered a mild winter without much snow.

I'm lucky enough to be able to work wherever I please so long as there's internet, so I spent the past few weeks in Palm Springs, California, and I hope to buy a place out there for the winters.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Apparently this is a thing:

Her article:

After two years of renting, I bought a house for $1 million last summer. My house has a theater on half an acre and includes a guest house I rent out full time for $2,000 a month. I bought my house in cash, so I don't have a mortgage. Having an extra $2,000 a month is amazing. Saving like this would've been impossible for me in NYC.

She's right, you know:

I lucked out and have a great group of friends, but dating is a little trickier. I think the men in Montana I've met have a very different type of intelligence than I'd found in NYC: They can build things, they can kill things, and they're very tactile and useful. I find it so cool and sexy, but they don't really find my type of intelligence sexy. I'm sarcastic, witty, and nerdy. The guys I've met here are more into intelligence that has a real world application.

@SkaredShtles

would you like the honors?

personally, I'm disappointed in all montanans that haven't builtthewall™ around bozeman and choked it off to the point of necropsy like a tourniquet. Or the vatican but deader. No deader, I know they're already zombies, you know what I mean!

Last edited:

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
@SkaredShtles

would you like the honors?

personally, I'm disappointed in all montanans that haven't builtthewall™ around bozeman and choked it off to the point of necropsy like a tourniquet. Or the vatican but deader. No deader, I know they're already zombies, you know what I mean!
If you built a moat around BZN, you could fill it with the juice from the Berkeley Pit...
1692333018062.png

berkeley-pit-pitwatch.jpg

#SMRT

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
now I know an email I can send some personlized goatse pic to

bootsrap math

Ruelle bought his home near Peak 7 in 1980 for $80,000. He was 23 and making $18,000 a year. He paid 17% interest on the loan and started renting to visitors through a management company in 1990 to help pay down his mortgage.

Last edited:

Pneuma

Chimp
Nov 5, 2021
Here in america we love investors, developers and the active role they take in the community

......wait, no, not like that...
IMG_0541.jpeg