Quantcast

More real estate doom and gloom

gonefirefightin

free wieners
The whole lot is on a 25% slope and is an uninsurable fire risk.
Considering how much real estate I buy, sell, and develop I can safely say that this listing more than likely has issues with codes, the zoning, or both.

make it a 50% slope and then gff might be interested
If the price is good enough I can make anything work. but it is not worth my time if you cant make a buck

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Like the flat roof on the porch that will collect snow and force water through the interior wall?
As a builder I see a ton of issues with it over all but the ones that scream out are its at the rough framing stage thus is the first permit hoop and obviously it has stopped there, Doubt it was due to finances as there isn't more than 7k invested into the structure, yes the pitch on the porch is an issue as it should have been built from the peak so I think it was an afterthought. More important is the hint they say they are on the waiting list for a well which tells me they have to go deep and the septic has plans but wasn't implemented. In short I bet the well quotes were over 25k and the septic isnt standard and would be another 15-25k depending on what the county requires.

I see listings like this every day that are dropped mid-swing because they didn't do their research before buying and starting to build and then find out why the lots seemed too good to be true on price.

For example

I looked pretty hard at this place as a flipper but after finally seeing the plans and penciling out the door/window package, siding, decking, and other costs to finish the shell I wouldn't be able to sell an 800k listing in this zipcode not to mention there was property line disputes that are still ongoing with the new buyer as of late.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Also looked at the same listing on Zillow, there are no headers on half the windows, the loft portion isn't framed properly since it should have at least a ledger and beams and there are no hurricane clips on the rafters so I would say there are a lot of items to be fixed as far as code goes.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
We're number one... but not sure if that's good or bad.
1722369270270.png

Too I question the veracity of any metric which calls West Yellowstone a "metropolitan area" but I guess it's better than the "shithole states" these emigres are moving from.

[ETA: I guess this is GDP growth not population growth so more a reflection of real estate pricing than population]

1722368863179.png

Last edited:

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Eh, apparently Metro for Montucky = 50,000+ inhabitants as BZN had to lower the interstate speed limits "in town" this year...

State law mandates that speed limits on interstate highways in an urban area of more than 50,000 in population should be set to 65 miles per hour at all times. Bozeman tipped over the 50,000 mark in the 2020 census, meaning it is now considered a metropolitan urban area, rather than a micropolitan area. The speed limit on I-90 is also at 65 miles per hour through Billings and Missoula, which have been metropolitan areas for awhile.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Ugh.
Our house is “worth” about$3M now, which SUCKS if you aren’t planning on moving.
(We bought it in about the same condition as the one below for ~$350k in 2013).

This the last true shitbox on our block, likely going on the market for about $2M.
Which will then be developed into a $5-7m modern box.
And likely purchased by someone from Austin or San Jose or something.

IMG_1841.png

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ugh.
Our house is “worth” about$3M now, which SUCKS if you aren’t planning on moving.
(We bought it in about the same condition as the one below for ~$350k in 2013).

This the last true shitbox on our block, likely going on the market for about $2M.
Which will then be developed into a $5-7m modern box.
And likely purchased by someone from Austin or San Jose or something.

View attachment 215958
can't buy it if its burned down :homer:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Good, I hate having to use US Bank's interface, its by far the most horrible thing. Unfortunately they have the gov contract...probably because it's the most horrible interface.
I used to work in the HQ office out in BFE(Gresham). The folks that worked out there talked about working in the tower and paying for downtown parking. I've worked downtown a number of times and I don't miss the $250-$300 a month in parking.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I used to work in the HQ office out in BFE(Gresham). The folks that worked out there talked about working in the tower and paying for downtown parking. I've worked downtown a number of times and I don't miss the $250-$300 a month in parking.
dude. i work for a fucking art museum in the downtown of the country's second biggest banking center. i have never paid to park and anyone who does is doing it 100000% wrong.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
dude. i work for a fucking art museum in the downtown of the country's second biggest banking center. i have never paid to park and anyone who does is doing it 100000% wrong.
Parking is a nightmare at the hospital. There is a parking garage with a couple floors of employee parking but it's 3 bucks a day. The hospital has also made it ABUNDANTLY clear that any employee caught in patient parking will be fired. There is off-site parking and a shuttle, but it's basically halfway between the house and the hospital. I'm super fortunate to be close enough to ride almost every day, and even more fortunate that the cities very poorly thought out bus system works for me from the new house, but I can't help but think that the parking situation has to hurt employee retention/morale.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
If you know where to park for free in downtown Portland, I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

There was something like 40 spots for 5k employees at US Bank. I know at PGE the wait list for parking was 8 years, no joke. You had 2 weeks to decide if you wanted the space once your name came up.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Parking is a nightmare at the hospital. There is a parking garage with a couple floors of employee parking but it's 3 bucks a day. The hospital has also made it ABUNDANTLY clear that any employee caught in patient parking will be fired. There is off-site parking and a shuttle, but it's basically halfway between the house and the hospital. I'm super fortunate to be close enough to ride almost every day, and even more fortunate that the cities very poorly thought out bus system works for me from the new house, but I can't help but think that the parking situation has to hurt employee retention/morale.
That is similar to Montgomery Park. There is a 2 level parking structure for employees, but it's assigned parking. Motorcycles were free and that was me most of the time. The neighborhood around it has become paid street parking. Even if you were hella early, you could end up a mile from the office after driving around for 30 minutes trying to find a spot.

If you parked in the main parking lot as an enployee, you got towed.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
as opposed to continuous elimination and disposal?

at least Westy will get this

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
note that the above was a math joke, not a quantity of body parts vs time joke