Quantcast

More real estate doom and gloom

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
There is no land left to develop around here but all the little old houses like mine are getting bulldozed and replaced with townhomes or Mc mansions. My neighbors house is identical to mine with the exception of being in the late stages of decay. When she dies/moves there is a100% chance it will get dozed.
keep an eye out for imminent domain monorails above you, maybe wear a helmet

another monorail in seattle I mean

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
And some folks who live in Lake Oswego (Oregon's Beverly Hills) think Portland is now a shit hole. :panic:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Was trying to think how one pays for 55 or so kids. Then I realized it isn't so much when you get to sell the girls off.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Ah, just got an email from my real estate agent saying that yesterday, rates took their biggest jump in 10 years.

House we saw in Southern NH just sold for a full 20% over asking.

Shits off the rails right now. This does not bode well for my home buying prospects.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ah, just got an email from my real estate agent saying that yesterday, rates took their biggest jump in 10 years.

Shits off the rails right now. This does not bode well for my home buying prospects.

Wait until spring.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Historically, as rates go up, prices go down, and vice versa. Say for example, the general market only allows for and average of $2500/m in mtge payments for the area (very broad example). If rates go down, that mean to get to that net cost, the size of the mtge can go up. Inversely, if rates go up, to get to that net cost, prices have to go down. That all goes to shit when cash purchases come into play, but that is how things should work according to basic economic theory.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Shits crazy in Portland, yo.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Oh look, a grand estate is expensive.

How about something a little more modest on an acre.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

Are you kidding?
that is actually
Dirt
Fucking
Cheap

(compared to the insanity in Wilson)

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Sorry to hear France didn’t really work out. Was it just the Covid suckage?
Place in France is fine!
Can't get to it easily but that's just a temporary thing.
Just selling as I want to use the money for building at the new place.
I'll probably buy another place in France in a few years, it's just that I have a better use for the money right now.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
From my monitoring of real estate websites around Morzine, over the last year the market seems to be good.
Properties seem to be selling quicker than when I purchased. Prices are pretty stable, not much change in value from 3 years ago.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Y'all buying vacation homes in Yurp and I can't even find a regular house to live in. The market has gotten even worse over the last year and continues to do so.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Y'all buying vacation homes in Yurp and I can't even find a regular house to live in. The market has gotten even worse over the last year and continues to do so.
Their definition of 'good' is pricing your ass out of a functional housing situation so that they can feel like they made a good 'investment' with their extra money.

My system is pretty simply that when certain people post anything about markets being 'good', I know it really means 'bad for humanity'

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Their definition of 'good' is pricing your ass out of a functional housing situation so that they can feel like they made a good 'investment' with their extra money.

My system is pretty simply that when certain people post anything about markets being 'good', I know it really means 'bad for humanity'
is the process of defining who is a "certain people" simple as well? While I agree with you sorta, what would be a better system? People like moving around, and people like fucking things up, so I don't see a alternative. Not that the system is perfect. If it was cheap to live in great places they would cease to be great places.

I hope the market collapses soon. Because Im evil.